NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Thanks to Steve at Binocular Sky..

F15Rules

I've  just today received my e copy of the great Binocular Sky monthly guide as compiled by Steve Tonkin.

In the accompanying email text, Steve advises that the December 2023 edition will be the last one.....😔

If so, Steve's invaluable guides will be greatly missed. Many of us on SGL have used Steve's monthly guides over a number of years, and also his superb books on choosing and using Binoculars.

I'd just like to say a big "Thank You, Steve" for all the advice, great Binocular reviews, and sheer enthusiasm for these wonderful instruments.

Steve, if you are taking a well deserved retirement, may it be a long, healthy and happy one!

Best wishes,

Dave

• Like 21
  • Sad 4

I would like to add my thanks to Steve. I have read many a newsletter and I started out with bins and still use them.

I saw Steve do a talk at an astronomy club years and learned a lot from that also.

Being a newb a few years back, I think Steve’s newsletters were the resource that taught me about averted vision and how to use binoculars to see more. I still remember the impact pointing binoculars at M42 had on my astronomy journey and I’ll be forever grateful to Steve’s passion for binocular astronomy and his newsletters. Good luck for whatever you do next and I hope the website remains live for a good few years yet. 

• Like 2