What did the postman bring? V2

Grant

On 06/08/2024 at 15:30, bosun21 said:

Do you have a link for the finder scope bracket by any chance Wes?

@bosun21 Hi and so so sorry for such late reply, I've not been here for almost 2 weeks! 

here's the link if you still need it my friend...Finderscope 7x50 Guide Scope Mounting Bracket for Telescope | eBay

It was actually only £15 with free postage, I got mixed up with price! lol.

Clear Skies, Wes.

Edited by wesdon1
messed it up!
  • Thanks 1

An AliExpress replacement filter for my Canon T3i.  Will hopefully allow me to get good response on nebula whilst still being able to be used normally.

It's being held by the mobile phone holder.  Very solid design although a corner is slightly marred.  For the cost I'll just sand it smooth and give it a going over with a marker pen.

Going to try and do time lapse videos whilst observing as well as the northern lights.

PXL_20240820_115853156.jpg

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, bosun21 said:

Very nice Dave. Is this the Porta Mini?

It's not the mini or the porta ll  I think it must be the porta l if there's such a thing 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for speedy delivery FLO. Baader Steeltrack focuser for my C11! Plus clicklock and T2 attachments to hold my new Starlight Xpress CCD camera that arrived last week.

IMG_9330.thumb.jpeg.7c6e016825aaf20400e3794bea162052.jpegIMG_9331.thumb.jpeg.1368d2f49c791cff0b813c13376e827f.jpeg

• Like 11

42 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Thanks for speedy delivery FLO. Baader Steeltrack focuser for my C11! Plus clicklock and T2 attachments to hold my new Starlight Xpress CCD camera that arrived last week.

IMG_9330.thumb.jpeg.7c6e016825aaf20400e3794bea162052.jpegIMG_9331.thumb.jpeg.1368d2f49c791cff0b813c13376e827f.jpeg

Very nice Jeremy. This being one of my next acquisitions for my 180 Maksutov along with rings and a losmandy plate. I have a Steeltrack on my 10" Newtonian and found it to be very good.

• Like 1

On 17/08/2024 at 11:46, garryblueboy said:

Collected today not really posted Hopefully some spectacular views in the coming weeks 

IMG_8598.jpeg

IMG_8600.jpeg

IMG_8601.jpeg

~

Congrats! You should love it. I do, mine.

Delivery today by Evri from AliExpress. This purchase was two good quality aluminium bahtinov masks for my EAA. One for my 120ED and the other one for my 10" Synscan Newtonian. My first ever purchase from there and I was impressed by the up to date tracking.

PXL_20240821_112623569.thumb.jpg.9f913a3d15796d873839c51fdfaa172f.jpg

• Like 7

One VERY (and unexpectedly) large CCD and one very small Star analyzer diffraction grating. The eyepiece is for scale.I don't think I have a focusser tough enough to take this camera and I have some thinking to do.

IMG_20240821_220025552_HDR.thumb.jpg.1c0ec10ee7e82254c04b60137cc3f49f.jpg

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, paulastro said:

A Baader Astrosolar filter for the Seestar arrived today.  Managed to try it out taking  some pics through cloud.

Looks pretty good. Is that 'as is' from the SeeStar, or have you processed it?

2 minutes ago, globular said:

Looks pretty good. Is that 'as is' from the SeeStar, or have you processed it?

There is a  little processing as in most of my shots.  It's a single frame and the  processing is with the cameras phone software which is very basic.  You can achieve better  by stacking a number of images and putting them through astro software, but I'm happy with simple shots which don't take up valuable observing time 😊.

As I said this particular shot is cloud affected.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, paulastro said:

You can achieve better  by stacking a number of images and putting them through astro software

Doesn't the SeeStar do that? Or is it not as good as doing it yourself?
I have no interest in processing, but if I can leave it snapping something 'out of the box' while I'm observing through my scope then I might be interested. 🤔

30 minutes ago, globular said:

Doesn't the SeeStar do that? Or is it not as good as doing it yourself?
I have no interest in processing, but if I can leave it snapping something 'out of the box' while I'm observing through my scope then I might be interested. 🤔

Yes it keeps taking and stacking for deep sky, but you can also opt to select the individual frames and process them further youself.  I certainly wouldn't want to do it - I leave the Seestar to get on with it while I'm observing.  For solar you can also opt to stack single frames and stack or you can take a video and process that.  There is a stacking feature you can use provided on the Seestar.  

If I wanted to do a lot of processing I'd be an imager.  Not my thing - I take snaps 😊.

Edited by paulastro
  • Thanks 1