Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

South Wales Astronomy Group (SWAG) Autumn Star Party 2022

Freff

Hi everyone, hope you are all safe and well.

I'm hoping to re-energize  our SWAG) star party this Autumn following last year's uncertainties whether Covid was still an issue.

The dates I have arranged are for the 21st - 23rd October 2022. Additional nights will be available.

There is a Orionid Meteor Shower on 21st October and Solar Eclipse and a New Moon on 25th October. Specially arranged for SWAG SP.👍

If you wish to attend simply phone Pencelli Castle, book your nights and reserve your favourite pitch.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you are going to attend, (post here or PM me) I can then arrange for reserved block pitches.

Take care

48 minutes ago, cajen2 said:

If you don't mind my posing the question, is this the sort of gathering where people all know each other and come from South Wales, or do you get lots of strangers from all over Britain?

Obviously the regulars know each other. I would say there is an equal mix from both sides of the border.

The group is relatively small with about 25- 30 on a good turn out, but of late due to Covid we have struggled badly with numbers. 

1 hour ago, cajen2 said:

If you don't mind my posing the question, is this the sort of gathering where people all know each other and come from South Wales, or do you get lots of strangers from all over Britain?

Anyone is welcome to this star party my friend. 

Hi Tony, I was literally about to message you to see if there was going to be a 2022 SWAG get together. I'm glad I read this thread before I pressed send.

I am keen to attend, so are the proposed dates still the 21st - 23rd October 2022? I am assuming they are and that the Dob Mod team are heading over the following week. as they were suggesting 26th - 28th.

Anyway, if you can let me know I will get on to the site in due course and book a pitch. Hopefully wading through old messages will let me know what pitch number I used to book.

Regards, Dave

16 hours ago, cajen2 said:

They'll all be arriving from the pit, only speak welsh and eat welsh rarebit (cheese on toast), cawl (lamb stew) and welshcakes (welshcakes)! :D

Not to mention the Saturday afternoon rugby fixture and Sunday morning male voice choir. ;) 🤣

• Haha 1

Hi Tony, we are not going to make it this year. Just moved this month, don't have the caravan anymore & haven't got a motor home yet...

Will try and drive over for a visit if we can (only about an hour away).

Mick & Jill

• Like 1