Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

South Wales Astronomy Group (SWAG) Autumn Star Party 2022

Freff

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, cajen2 said:

This thread has been very quiet of late....this is still on, I hope! 😄

Especially since you said you are going

Unfortunately, bit of bad news for me. My elderly mum (87yrs) has had a nasty fall.

Spent 15hrs in A & E before having scans etc then being being let home. Had a real whack on her head falling out of bed. (silly b*gger)

Anyway, she has several hospital and Dr appointment over the next few days and next week. 

There is no way I can go to the SP and leave it all to my younger sister to take her as well as her daily care.

I have had a real ear bashing from both saying I should go, yeah I'd really enjoy it if i did. 🙄

This will be the first SWAG SP I will have missed in 13yrs.

Clear skies and see you all at the next one.  

Edited by Freff
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, cajen2 said:

Very sorry to hear that. I hope your mother makes a speedy recovery....I'm sure everyone on here would join with me in sending her our best wishes. Might cheer her up a bit.

Thanks for the kind words. I will pass on your best wishes. 

Nice kit reddoss, I was hoping to be with you for the weekend, sadly fate has dictated otherwise. I had just set up my mobile system ( hasn’t been used since pre covid) and my wife informs me our domestic water supply (fed from spring in field) has stopped. Unfortunately the simple solutions have been exhausted and it is more likely to be a time consuming problem or a lot of digging with my JCB. Just finished topping up the domestic underground tank using the garden tank and hoses.

If the later at least it’s fun using the JCB. If possible I will get the car out and pop up to say hello.

Tonight looks great so good luck with your imaging.

kind regards,

Martin

296BBA93-9287-4CCF-ACC8-8D714DE7DA76.thumb.jpeg.c0af4d751e0616eae5b3cf5caed76429.jpeg0C4AB029-B13D-400F-BDE1-7FA152926188.thumb.jpeg.08e2b5dbbb9ec49a56e2fff4673bc333.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cajen2 said:

Well, I'm here, not sure about anyone else except @reddoss whose tent is all zipped up. If you're around, mate, I'm in the white van with black stripes (pitch 5 opposite). Come and say hi.

If his car is there, then he's asleep. 😴😴 Justyn is not known for early rising, especially after an imaging night. 

If his car is missing, he's gone for curry & chips, or a run. 

Edited by Freff