Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Vibrations from ZWO ASI cameras effecting star shape?

Corpze

Stumbeled upon a forum thread saying the some of the ZWO ASI Cameras has issues with vibrations from the fan.
I don't know if i had any issues with my fan (having a ASI 2600MM) but I am to corious not to test this out.

I made a video of how I (try to) analyse my vibrations with my phone as it has a accelerometer, which indicated a bit better values after the mod.

You can find my video on my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0K_7oEQbEg&ab_channel=ExoPhotography

Have you noticed anything like this? Have you made the mod? Have you changed the fan for another, better one?

Regards, Daniel

• Like 1

This is a very easy and cheap mod, so I invested 100 SEK (£ 8 ) in silicone studs for my ASI294MM PRO. (Btw, that investment fixes 4 cameras. You buy the studs in packages of 16.)

215F7374-ABFF-4251-8195-04975B66251D.thumb.jpeg.d6441a650d003c2127e132b692cfe1ea.jpeg

5C42CA2E-E4EF-4CFA-A48B-8AD39D848BA2.thumb.jpeg.c7276ca4779cceeebd552ea205a8ad73.jpeg

Edited by wimvb

• 4 months later...

Hi again, it has been awful weather here in Sweden during the autumn, but I did get some clear skies during the holidays, and got to compare images from the spring 2022 where i had the "old" fan mountings.
I did how ever also changed my secondary mirror which also might have had "some" effect of the images....
But here is the video where I compare before and after the mod:

/Daniel