Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New reviews of ZWO 071MC PRO

Hi All,

ZWO ASI 071 MC PRO seems to have the USB3 and DDR 256MB buffer. Are there any users here who are facing amp glow currently with this camera? I am planning for either 533MC or 071MC, but leaning towards 071 because of APSC.

13 minutes ago, astrosathya said:

Hi All,

ZWO ASI 071 MC PRO seems to have the USB3 and DDR 256MB buffer. Are there any users here who are facing amp glow currently with this camera? I am planning for either 533MC or 071MC, but leaning towards 071 because of APSC.

Its not really got amp glow and even if it did I would not see this as a reason not to choose it, just use calibration frames to remove it. 

Your choice if between a larger sensor yielding a larger field of view or a smaller sensor yielding better sensitivity. 

However, if you have to take more than one frame to cover any given target it will demolish any sensitivity advantage of the 533. 

SO the only question you should ask yourself is can i cover the targets I want to image with the 533 using my intended scope. 

Adam 

I've had this camera for about 3 years or so and it's been excellent. Never noticed any amp glow and have got some great photos from it. 

Newer cameras, like the 533MC will have a higher quantum efficiency (the QE of the 071 camera is only about 50%).

I tend to use mine at quite high gain (200, when unity gain is 90 and max gain is 240). These cameras can also frost up if you cool them too much or too quickly. I only usually cool the camera to 0 C. 

Valid points Adam and Ian. That's what my mind is playing badminton with. Large sensor or better sensor? I will be getting the Sky-Watcher 150P Quattro for now and later perhaps an RC6 or 72ED whichever I decide to as my second scope. Too bad I am in Ashford and you guys up North :)

23 hours ago, iantaylor2uk said:

I've had this camera for about 3 years or so and it's been excellent. Never noticed any amp glow and have got some great photos from it. 

Newer cameras, like the 533MC will have a higher quantum efficiency (the QE of the 071 camera is only about 50%).

I tend to use mine at quite high gain (200, when unity gain is 90 and max gain is 240). These cameras can also frost up if you cool them too much or too quickly. I only usually cool the camera to 0 C. 

I have followed Ian on instagram. You have good photos.

• Like 1