NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Best ever M 104

roundycat

Hi all,

sorry if the title is a bit mis-leading, what I mean is it is my best ever M104. Lovely still night last night and all the kit behaved itself. Another night like that and I will definitely collect some colour. LX200 10" and ST10 with TV reducer making 2000mm focal length. The reducer is supposed to be for scopes from 800 to 1000mm but it seems to work with the LX. 20 5m exposures.

Dennis

post-15519-133877361209_thumb.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry about the Title misleading anyone Dennis.

The Image is superb, and will stand against any others of the same object. Anyone on the planet would be proud to own that one.

Certainly earns it's place in any Competition for me.

Ron.:)

And wasn't it still too! I was doing some longer fl stuff with the sct as well and the guide star hardly flickered.

But my sequence didn't come out anything like this! Superb picture. It isn't very often a single galaxy pic makes me hold my breath, but this is one of those. I do hope you can finish this off with the rgb, it's definetly one for the collection.

Tim

I have modified this by adding in a colourised layer in sepia as an overlay blend at around 30% opacity. I seem to remember that when I did this in colour three years ago it came out sepia anyway, possibly because of light pollution. I shall still have a go in colour when I can but I will be interested to see if it is much different from the false version.

Dennis

post-15519-133877361414_thumb.jpg

That's sooooo good. I love the way the nucleus shines from within and the dust lane has texture too. It's all there. I'm awaiting an EQ6 and 2 speed focusser for our LX200 OTA and this image of yours is making me impatient! This is focal length season all right.

How does the TV focal reducer fit onto your 10"? I haven't seen one in the flesh.

Olly

Olly, the TV reducer is a 2" push fit and goes into my JMI focuser. The other end is 'T' thread and goes into the ST10 via a 10mm extension, part of a set of extension tubes from True Technology. Without the extension tube the reducer fouls the filter wheel slightly and stops the filters from centring.

Dennis

Archived