Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi All...

MidnightSun

My name is Dave. I've been into astronomy since I was about 12. DSO's are what I like to shoot mostly and I'm lucky to have a pretty dark site in my backyard. My wife is from Thailand and we have a 4 yr. old daughter. We live at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mts. in Virginia most of the year, with a place also in Thailand. We plan to relocate to Thailand permanently in a few years. I work as an HVAC Tech, and astrophotography and playing with my '71 Ford Torino are my monetary vices....:)

Hope you enjoy the SGL Forum Dave. Where you live now sounds wonderful.

The blue Ridge Mountains Virginia. I remember Laurel and Hardy singing that wonderful song in "Way out West".:)

Good luck with the move to Thailand.

Ron.:mad:

Thanx all for the warm welcome. Doc, no, that was a '76. Mine is a '71....way better...:);)

KM, no, I'm not stalking you...:).:(

Barkis, thx, yea we love it here for now. Nice and quiet and nice and dark for me :mad:. We'll be going back to Thai in Dec. this yr. but not to stay yet. :blob9: I love it there and wish we would move sooner....:p

Thx Ron, in Thailand, we're about 30 min. from Khorat, which has about 300,000 people. Not as dark as here, but really not that bad as you would think considering....plus it is not far to really dark sites :mad:. Captain, you wouldn't be an old Dead Head too by chance..??:)

Archived