Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New mount

Has been a while in the pipe line and many attempts but finally thanks to SGL member Space hopper I’m the proud owner of a TTS160 

and what a delight it is I have been looking for some time for a simple motorised mount with GOTO and and good weight handling along 

with portable and quick to set up well this I think certainly ticks all of those boxes it easily handles my TMB-APM 130 My C9.25 and I still have the option of dual or even triple scope mounting I like that it’s top mounted so easy lift with the Big Gun 130 so looking forward to many nights viewing with this mount I was waiting for Rowan to release there motor kit but that’s still in progress and this came up and I decided it should do all I want so selling off my other mounts etc in the classified adds .

52E6BCFA-99F6-43C4-A801-FB52FD33F799.jpeg

3A40BAFA-775F-4DF5-8664-1EB873951919.jpeg

A84B7FE2-8B75-4147-972A-A87D9A4854CA.jpeg

717F79F1-A27A-4348-81BE-D445C53703DA.jpeg

DD76644C-8313-49CF-B74C-41D6E261E05B.jpeg

• Like 11

20 minutes ago, Knighty2112 said:

Never seen this goto mount before. Looks very nice. Let us know how you get on with it. 👍🏻

Don’t think there are to many about I know Gavstar on here has 2 but they are a piece of quality engineering

7 minutes ago, John said:

What a great mount / tripod !!!

I had a demo of one at the International Astronomy Show a couple of years ago and it was very, very impressive :thumbright:

Thanks John I am very happy with it more excited than I have ever been with a mount it’s a bit unusual compared to the Skywatcher and Celestron that im used to especially the hand Controll but very well thought out 

43 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Looks super, Garry 👍

Enjoy!

What’s the tripod? I saw you were selling a Berlebach Planet, so I assume you don’t need it for the TTS160?

As Space hopper says,  I would need to change the head on the planet and that’s an expense I don’t really need yes the planet would be loverly but not essential and overkill really for this mount it is rock solid as is and the uni 18 is very stable for this mount and weight 

• Like 1

Congratulations Garry..👍

Both of those scopes look amazing on that mount and tripod. 

If I were you, I'd now sell off all my other scopes and mounts and spend the next 10 years just enjoying those two rigs - it would be next to impossible to improve much if at all on what you now have.

Let's see some detailed observing reports on these two great rigs  - asap please!!

Dave

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had the opportunity to play with the TTS mount at a star party in Sweden some years ago. It was quite an experience. Since then it's been on top of my "want to have, but can't afford list". Although it was an expensive - well, very expensive - mount, I felt the price was fair taking the quality and ease of handling in account. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any second hand units for sale...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

Congratulations Garry..👍

Both of those scopes look amazing on that mount and tripod. 

If I were you, I'd now sell off all my other scopes and mounts and spend the next 10 years just enjoying those two rigs - it would be next to impossible to improve much if at all on what you now have.

Let's see some detailed observing reports on these two great rigs  - asap please!!

Dave

What Dave sell the Tak ohhh or the TEC ohhh 😮 but I will definitely put up some reports now I’m settled on equipment for now lol 😂 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Per_S said:

I had the opportunity to play with the TTS mount at a star party in Sweden some years ago. It was quite an experience. Since then it's been on top of my "want to have, but can't afford list". Although it was an expensive - well, very expensive - mount, I felt the price was fair taking the quality and ease of handling in account. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any second hand units for sale...

Yes they are like hens teeth especially second hand and I know the previous owner was sad to see it go but the quality is another level as you say 

What an amazing looking mount! Congratulations. Just out of interest, apart from increased weight capacity, does the top mounted design give any other advantages over the side mounted design (you may not have used it enough to find out yet!)?

On 12/09/2021 at 20:35, RobertI said:

What an amazing looking mount! Congratulations. Just out of interest, apart from increased weight capacity, does the top mounted design give any other advantages over the side mounted design (you may not have used it enough to find out yet!)?

Better centre of gravity more stable 

On 13/09/2021 at 00:20, Louis D said:

I would think if you don't have it exactly level, this top mounted and counterbalanced design would be much more immune to swinging around in azimuth than a side mounted design if unclutched unless it is also counterbalanced.

no not at all far easier to balance