Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Who’s been polishing my dome?

JeremyS

My Pulsar dome is 17 years old and I’ve previously posted about my attempts to polish it. Then I used Polytrol a few times, but that goes matte after a few months.

I asked the gent who valets my car about what he’d recommend. Well last week he polished half of it and applied a top protective layer (some kind of polyurethane it think), basically using the same techniques as he would on a car. 

I am very pleased with the result. I wonder how long it will last. 

3353756D-C148-42E5-A2B2-E69366F344BF.thumb.jpeg.421e191ee8eb5aa5959ed451a0f44a75.jpeg

Edited by JeremyS
  • Like 8

Well that certainly has come up nicely! When I'm not 'astronomising' or creating 'music' my other passion is fast cars and I use Autoglym products on my two 'specials' and I have been tempted to give their Super Resin products a try on my Pulsar dome but I will be interested to hear how you get on with your products.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JeremyS said:

Then I used Polytrol a few times, but that goes matte after a few months.

I tried Polytrol after reading about its use for Dome refurbishment and my experience showed it started to dull after a month, it doesn’t appear to provide any protective coating just a temporary shine after application. 

Mine is green at the moment but I have some blue paint and will have a go at changing the colour some day soon. It is multi-surface paint and I have used it before so should be okay. Was also thinking about fitting a pulley system for the shutter but not sure how this is fitted. Anyone?
I see Pulsar have these for sale but would like to have a go myself.