NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi SGL!

Doversole

I have been lurking this forum for some time now, it was time for a more formal introduction!

After 30ish years gap in astrophotography (that was back in the time of TP2415, staying sometimes for one hour the eye behind the guidescope and using a razor blade to make accurate focus!), I decided to come back to the hobby last year when we saw the comete Neowise.

I started in September by investing in a Skyguider Pro and a Redcat51, and greatly enjoyed coming back to the hobby! The learning curve has been steep again (I knew nothing about post processing!) but the feeling is great.

I am now stepping up to an RC8 as the Redcat is not very useful during the Galaxy Season!

Happy to be here. Clear Skies!

Rosette 39x300s PS Denoise.jpg

Heart Nebula 300sx54v2 Denoise.jpg

• Like 5

Welcome.  I had a similar gap and in the day remember trying many times (unsuccessfully) to hypersensitive TP2415 to reduce the effects of  reciprocity failure.  And all those hours spent at the eyepiece trying to keep the guide star centred on the OAG cross-hairs for just a single exposure!  Just a couple of years ago I first used a DSLR plus stacking/processing for a wide field astro image and my jaw literally dropped at the result.  I always used to look at and was impressed with the images in my astronomy books of the day (eg Burnhams Celestial Handbooks, which were always my favorite books for selecting a nights target) but these days .... lets just say opportunity has moved on in leaps and bounds.

• Like 1

As a dedicated, visual only , stargazer, I am only too pleased to welcome anyone with the knowledge and patience to dabble in the  art of Astrophotography.

Your images look PDG to me,  welcome .......:smiley:

Edited by Saganite
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...