SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

12v security camera at remote site

jambouk

would it have a mains to 12v PSU at all?

A lot of the small CCTV units will draw 300-700mA especially if they have IR illumination, WiFi and any motion sensing/alerting. I have a few small cube type cameras attached to my CCTV but they are driven by 12v PSU and in some cases have separate IR floods.

These are very good and can be flashed with Hikvision firmware if you need, smart IR so give good image and don't overexpose the face

ANNKE I61DR HD IP Camera, White/Black: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

No SIM option however but does have WiFi and can accept a micro-SD to record locally. They are however not weatherproof.

Thank you.

The 12v would be from a 12v battery bank, charged by solar / wind. So clearly I need to do some calcualtions to see how much power that is going to draw.

The camera(s) would need to be weather proof.

Food for thought, thanks.

James

• Like 1

I see Reolink do a Go that has SIM and also a solar option. No experience of them however so can't recommend on that basis. Annke and others like Hikvision and Dahua do outdoor dome type cameras that are LAN usually and some PoE. The better design are this type
image.png.7a412a3141980acb0798a0890acf2d3e.png

Less issues with webs etc than the ones where the IR lights are spread around the camera, tho totally separate are much better if placed a couple feet to the side, tho you can't do SmartIR that way unless you can also do some internal mods to achieve that.

• Like 1