Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Autofocuser arrived, but the boxes are ....... ?

Hi all,

Finally i got my first ever focusing motor or autofocuser, i really can't wait to use it and see what it can do for me if i know how to operate it properly and do all settings or setup of it.

The package arrived and delivered to me, but it sounds it had kind of accident or smash or squeeze from one side, i shared the image and people told me that it is not acceptable, and some said i have to file it, and few will say to ignore it as it happens often, i don't know who is the responsible here, but i believe strongly that it is the local delivery shipping/delivery company, the sender which is the store i ordered from and domestic US shipping and forward company in US all won't do this, i ordered from them several times and it never happen like this, so the only one i blame is the delivery company, and if that is the case then i don't think i will get any solution, companies here aren't really good as customer services, so i think i can't solve this issue with them here if that is true.

What are you people doing when something like that happens? Should i worry much about it even if the product inside is safe?

Now back to the motor itself, is there any tutorials about how to install it to the focuser and then how to do settings to make it work flawlessly?

_DSC4734.jpg

_DSC4735.jpg

_DSC4737.jpg

_DSC4738.jpg

_DSC4739.jpg

_DSC4740.jpg

_DSC4741.jpg

Edited by TareqPhoto

Looks like the outer packaging took most of the damage and the inner a small amount of crush to one corner. Unfortunately it does happen in shipping but if the components are ok and work then that's the main thing. Unlikely anyone would compensate unless it has caused a defect in the equipment contained. Can you test it functions without installing so there's no installation marks? Then you'd at least know for sure before contacting the vendor.

If the items within are OK, I doubt the damage to the packaging would get you any compensation.

If the contents were damaged, I know what I'd do to get redress under UK law if the sender didn't sort it out in a co-operative and timely fashion, but via the US postal service and then on by other carriers to the  UAE, sorry, I've no idea.

In general though, wherever you live, wherever the item originates, the delivery company is employed by the vendor, so even if the item proves to be fine, I'd have a conversation with the vendor, mentioning that whilst their careful packaging protected the item, their chosen delivery company did that damage somewhere along the line.

I've asked companies before I place my order with them if they intend to use a delivery co. I found to be spectacularly lackadaisical* in my area, and said if they do, I'll order elsewhere. Feedback to the vendor is the way to get better deliveries.

Heather

* That company was Yodel.

23 minutes ago, Jamgood said:

Packaging damage I can accept as long as the content is undamaged. I received a Telescope full of dents a few months ago. That went back.

Is the product damaged inside?

No, the product is safe and excellent, no damage at all, in fact it didn't receive that impact at all, it was impact from an empty side inside the box, so does that matter and i just carry on? some said maybe it had bad impact even if the product is safe, so maybe the motor has a damage internally even without any sign outside, if you were in my place, what will you do?

3 minutes ago, Tiny Clanger said:

If the items within are OK, I doubt the damage to the packaging would get you any compensation.

If the contents were damaged, I know what I'd do to get redress under UK law if the sender didn't sort it out in a co-operative and timely fashion, but via the US postal service and then on by other carriers to the  UAE, sorry, I've no idea.

In general though, wherever you live, wherever the item originates, the delivery company is employed by the vendor, so even if the item proves to be fine, I'd have a conversation with the vendor, mentioning that whilst their careful packaging protected the item, their chosen delivery company did that damage somewhere along the line.

I've asked companies before I place my order with them if they intend to use a delivery co. I found to be spectacularly lackadaisical* in my area, and said if they do, I'll order elsewhere. Feedback to the vendor is the way to get better deliveries.

Heather

* That company was Yodel.

That is fair enough, it is just when you are in a situation you don't know the final condition, i mean the box sounds it had that impact or squeeze somewhere, and it is not a sign of dropping really, it is a sign of something squeezing, and that is happened with the delivery car truck, they put all boxes against each other, so bigger boxes and heavy are squeezing the small ones, now the delivery company here won't listen or do anything about it, from the sender and also forwarding company it is no sign of that, i have one picture only from the forward company and it sounds they received in good shape, but i could be wrong, they only showed one side anyway.

The bottom line i want to point about is, if you get whatever package with so so boxes conditions but the products inside is perfect and safe and no damage or defect originally, would you care to file a case or contact all companies to show them the boxes conditions just in case or just forget about it and moving on?

I ordered an eyepiece from Germany to the US a few years back, and the outer box was smashed in, but the eyepiece box inside it was fine.  However, that retailer didn't bother to put packing peanuts or anything else around the inner box, so it was free to shift all over.  Ironically, it may have actually helped it because it was free to move to the other side when one side was smashed in.

50 minutes ago, TareqPhoto said:

No, the product is safe and excellent, no damage at all, in fact it didn't receive that impact at all, it was impact from an empty side inside the box, so does that matter and i just carry on? some said maybe it had bad impact even if the product is safe, so maybe the motor has a damage internally even without any sign outside, if you were in my place, what will you do?

Take photos of the damage and then check it works. Its really unlikely that the damage to the box you've shown has caused any issues with the product.

1 hour ago, Skipper Billy said:

Swap places a moment - if you sold something to someone and posted it and the purchaser emailed you to tell you that the outer packaging was damaged but the inner product packaging was fine and the goods were undamaged - would you be interested ??

Yeah, it doesn't bother me really, i care about what is inside, not about what is outside, imagine if you get a perfect shape condition boxes and even from gold and iron, but the items inside are lost or broken or damage, will you accept that although the boxes are shining and no scratches? 

46 minutes ago, Jiggy 67 said:

The whole point of packaging is to take damage and protect what’s inside. It appears to me that the packaging has done its job well 

Yes, it did, and i am happy, just want to know if i should listen to people who worry too much and asking to complain or file a case because of the outer box shape.

1 minute ago, Marvin Jenkins said:

Boxes within boxes within boxes, for a good reason. Packaging, horrible wasteful stuff destroying the environment but keeping your goodies safe from all but the worst white van driver. I have a white van and drive it daily before anyone starts shouting.

Marv 

I can imagine, difficult situation, i will just ignore it, i will only contact seller sooner or later or if they ask for feedback, then i will send those images, if they really care they will say something even if do nothing, or they will just ignore and pass, and i have to pass also and keep going and enjoy.