NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello to all in SGL

AlanB

Hello SGLers

another newbie here

been lurking on the forums for a good 6 month or so, but decided it was time I registered.

Live in Bradford with its wonderful LP :) and seemingly 10/10 cloud cover for the past 3 weeks, so having fun trying to get used to my Skywatcher 200P and it HEQ Pro and trying to take some astrophotos :)

Alan

Good morning Alan and welcome to SGL :) .

I'm envious - you've only had 3 weeks of cloud? I've been waiting since the end of October really and only managed a couple of nights since then.

Enjoy your new telescope. You should get plenty of nice photos from a dark-sky site with it.

Zaphod

Hi. Alan,

You will love it here on SGL's Forum.

A SW 8" Scope is a very nice instrument, and sitting on a fine mount too.

I think most of us suffer light pollution, some more than others of course

Your setup could be moved to a dark site if you can locate one near you. Of course that is better done in a group, and not on your own.

Ron. :)

Hello Alan, welcome.

I used to live in Bradford - in the 1970s :)

LP wasn't quite so bad then: I remember getting a stunning view of Mercury just above the rooftops (I was looking for the misbegotten Comet Kohoutek, but I picked up Mercury instead). Might be a bit more difficult now... :)

Thank you to all for the warm welcomes

No doubt be asking for some hints and tips over the next few months/years if I ever see a clear night sky again...... :)

Hi Alan welcome to the forum.

Moved to darkest SW Scotland from Bradford 5 years ago.

Are you a member of Bradford AS.

Mike

Hi Mike,

many thanks

I've been a few times to Bradford AS meetings - they're just round the corner from me which is even easier. Only trouble for me is mad rush to get home, get something to eat and then get there in time for the presentations. Will probably join in the next few weeks though.

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Archived