Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M31 Combined in Registar

Beyond_Vision

Registar is an awesome bit of programing . I have combined 3 sessions worth of M31 data . The total exposure is 54 x 5mins

11823_normal.jpeg
(click to enlarge)

Below are the individual images that were used

27x 5mins

11209_normal.jpeg
(click to enlarge)

(click to enlarge)
13 x 5mins

10378_normal.jpeg
(click to enlarge)

14 x 5mins

9394_normal.jpeg
(click to enlarge)

Regards

Kevin

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Superb Kevin. Simply superb. Registar really helps bring out detail in those really faint areas. Suddenly M31 becomes twice its usual size.

I am having trouble accessing the file you mentioned, cant see a friends request? (But dunno where to look). May get a chance to join all the data tonight. Am desperately short of HDD space though and need to get to a shop to buy a removeable drive.

EDIT: Scratch that, I have it now.

Very Nice Kev,

It's the multi scope multi camera capabilities that got me intrerested in the first place...

Billy...

Yes I know that's it's prowess but I haven't got any decent data from other image scales. But it did a very quick job of stacking 3 final processed images which DSS would have not done without saturating.

Regards

Kevin

Yes I know that's it's prowess but I haven't got any decent data from other image scales. But it did a very quick job of stacking 3 final processed images which DSS would have not done without saturating.

Regards

Kevin

I'm just amazed at its ability to cope with jus about anything and everything you chuck at it...

I have got to start playing with the fancy stuff in it soon though and try various options which I know TJ has looked at... :)

Your M31 images were each crackers in their own right and combined it's sublime ... TJ's super stacks are just plain Ridiculous :)

Archived