NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Central Texas

Liquidtravel

Hello all,

Brand new to the site and to astronomy.  I just placed an order for my first telescope, the Celestron NexStar 8SE.  Unfortunately I have to wait a couple of months before it arrives but that gives me plenty of time to read as much as I can.  I have always been interested in astronomy but never given myself the chance to really get involved other than playing around with Stellarium on my PC and Google Sky on my phone.  

I am pretty excited and can't wait for my scope to get here but I am just going to have to wait.  

You will probably see my posting questions from time to time so be nice to an old newbie.

Have a great evening everyone.  LVX

57 minutes ago, toshapetriji said:

Hello and welcome to SGL, nice choice of scope, but then I am biased.

Well, I hope you really like your scope.  I am pretty excited.  Any tips, tricks, or must have accessories?

My order came with a battery tank, wi-fi adapter, a couple of filters and an AC adapter and I also purchased a motorized focuser but if you have any thoughts, please let me know. 

Any tips, tricks, or must have accessories?

The stock red dot finder is rubbish, maybe look for something better if funds allow. I  also suffer from dew in my area so a dew shield is a must for me.

Get yourself a copy of 'Turn left at Orion', a great book to help you explore the night sky. Other than that just have fun.

6 hours ago, CCD-Freak said:

Hello from a fellow Texan. 

Where are you located in central Texas ????  I am up in north Texas almost at the Oklahoma border.

John
CCD-Freak
WD5IKX

Right outside of Dripping Springs, Texas

• Like 1