Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Rigel Quikfinder on a 200 dob...frustrating!

Hi All,i hope you are safe n well,right then,i need advice on the issue of my rigel quikfinder base not adhering sufficiently( my opinion) to the sticky strips that came with it. I was wondering if that clear double sided gorilla tape would suffice? i would very much welcome your thoughts on this,thanks everyone

Mark

Hi john cheers for the reply, i don`t fancy drilling but i like the sealant idea,but will that deteriorate over time?..i have used this gorilla tape what i mentioned on the boot release catch on the car and so far its holding rock solid...after 6 weeks...including lots of rain on it,seems good stuff!

I use the Gorilla tape on my Rigel Quickfinder base. It has worked fine. The finder base has been on my 12 inch dob for 4 years now with no sign of shifting.

I agree that the stock stuff supplied is not up to much.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, John said:

I use the Gorilla tape on my Rigel Quickfinder base. It has worked fine. The finder base has been on my 12 inch dob for 4 years now with no sign of shifting.

I agree that the stock stuff supplied is not up to much.

hi john,nice to know it works and that my thought of using said tape wasn`t cockamamie!..i do like the idea of no mess i must admit..just cut it n stick it..cheers for that..oh and for previous advice you gave me about the rigel battery fitting when i first got it...weeeeeeks ago now 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Barry-W-Fenner said:

I found mine kept falling off the 200p with the tape also. I have now used 4 blobs of clear silicone to stick my finder bases to both the 200 and 300p scopes. This has worked very well and is neat and tidy.

cheers barry

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John said:

Strange - I don't find that I need any ties on mine not that I'm using the Gorilla double sided tape :icon_scratch:

oo12dob02.JPG

hi john, oh i thought at the start of this thread you said you have used the gorilla tape?..i got mine today so in the morn i`m gonna apply it...having a slight issue with the straight through finder moving in its bracket slightly...i may wedge some cardboard under it??..or lay some of this tape in the bracket?? any suggestions?

3 minutes ago, starboy71 said:

hi john, oh i thought at the start of this thread you said you have used the gorilla tape?..i got mine today so in the morn i`m gonna apply it...having a slight issue with the straight through finder moving in its bracket slightly...i may wedge some cardboard under it??..or lay some of this tape in the bracket?? any suggestions?

I'm so sorry - that was a typo (which I have now corrected). Since I HAVE been using Gorilla tape the mount has been firmly held to the scope.

Sorry for the confusion !

My finder clips firmly into it's bracket so I have not needed any additional fastening there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John said:

I'm so sorry - that was a typo (which I have now corrected). Since I HAVE been using Gorilla tape the mount has been firmly held to the scope.

Sorry for the confusion !

lol oh no worries john its cool