NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Sydney

doublebacon

Hi everyone, I've always been interested in astronomy for years so I was glad that I finally found a forum with lots of experienced and like-minded people. Friends around me don't have that much interest in the topic so it was hard to know where/how to start!

Originally from Indonesia so it was really hard to see the stars. Visited New Zealand in February 2013 and stumbled upon the most beautiful Milky Way, clear skies and all. Can't forget it to this day. Keen to spot it again, and many more now that I've settled in Australia :)

Cheers!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, doublebacon said:

Hello everyone thank you for the warm welcome! 

@Waddensky I don't own either yet but I'm looking to buy my first binos, I did a post for suggestions here. Confused between a 8x40 or 10x50 ! So many choices out there!

Ah, I saw that thread but didn't realise it was yours. Yes, a lot of choices (welcome to the world of stargazing 😉). I own an Action EX 10x50 and it's wonderful, but maybe above your budget I think?

3 minutes ago, Waddensky said:

Ah, I saw that thread but didn't realise it was yours. Yes, a lot of choices (welcome to the world of stargazing 😉). I own an Action EX 10x50 and it's wonderful, but maybe above your budget I think?

I don't mind stretching it a little as long as it's of good value, but that's definitely at the high end of my budget. Wouldn't want to get a wrong pair only to be stored in the cupboard somewhere. How do you find them? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, doublebacon said:

I don't mind stretching it a little as long as it's of good value, but that's definitely at the high end of my budget. Wouldn't want to get a wrong pair only to be stored in the cupboard somewhere. How do you find them? 

Maybe you can find a second-hand pair? I think they are great, clear views and wide field of view. But I don't know how they perform compared to cheaper options.