NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Peak Star Party Spring 2020

Oh wow, I thought PSP was long dead. I think I did 3 or 4 of the Autumn one back in the day (and got on interviewed on S@N when they visited). Same location isn't it?

I'd love to come but I'm away at a conference all week that week and I think I'd be in trouble with the missus if I was away for the weekend too.

Edited by haitch

58 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

I've got to the 30th that's when I have said I will ring back if that is OK for you.

If it's fine with you? 😉 I should know by next week. If not hopefully the site gets booked and I can be an add on. 👍

Pitching on a flat field will be a nice change. I'm a bit sick of inclines and rolling off the mattress!

Edited by ScouseSpaceCadet
  • Haha 1

Not looking good at all up to now 5 people have confirmed it's not worth the camp opening 2/3 weeks early for that many and I can understand that. 

I have until 30/31 at the latest so I'm hoping I get more interested or confirmation from 5 more at least. 

Would be great as lately star camps have been cancelled because of weather, there is another point the camp will not refund for bad weather which I think is putting people off. 

All I can do is wait until Friday. 

52 minutes ago, Space Hopper said:

I'd have been interested as its not far from me, but it clashes with the PAS, and i don't want to miss that.

If i go in the future, do they allow camper vans and provide EHU ?

I am not sure about camper vans I would have to check but they have got EHU

3 hours ago, wookie1965 said:

Not looking good at all up to now 5 people have confirmed it's not worth the camp opening 2/3 weeks early for that many and I can understand that. 

I have until 30/31 at the latest so I'm hoping I get more interested or confirmation from 5 more at least. 

Would be great as lately star camps have been cancelled because of weather, there is another point the camp will not refund for bad weather which I think is putting people off. 

All I can do is wait until Friday. 

I'm coming. Annual leave was granted. Probably fri-sun night.

10 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

I'm coming. Annual leave was granted. Probably fri-sun night.

Thats brilliant but unless we get 10 I am sorry but the site wont open for us I think there is only 5 of us up to now. I am very disappointed to say the least I have got until Friday so crossed fingers.

9 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

Thats brilliant but unless we get 10 I am sorry but the site wont open for us I think there is only 5 of us up to now. I am very disappointed to say the least I have got until Friday so crossed fingers.

Keep those fingers crossed. If it doesnt come off, I believe there's a nice site near Bolton by Bowland, Lancs open all year round I may try. https://www.calderfarm.co.uk/

On 22/01/2020 at 19:50, pcdunx said:

As a beginner and newcomer to SGL, this would be ideal for my first star party. 

I have been led here by a long established member (whom I have known for many years) and yes,  he has drummed in to me the correct etiquette of lights !!

Can you confirm if you are coming please

On 10/01/2020 at 21:28, dannybgoode said:

I’d like to try and make it. Will have to get clearance though as we’re off on holiday shortly afterward and Mrs Danny may decide it’s too close. 

I’ll check over the weekend. 

Can you confirm if you are able to come please.

36 minutes ago, pcdunx said:

I can confirm that I am a definite for the PSP, all weekend

Thank you I will post tomorrow if it is one I have to speak to the camp at the moment there are 6 people so it is up to the camp do they want to open 2 weeks early for 6 of us.

Hi everyone spoke to the camp they are happy to have the 6 of us and anymore who want to come. 

Can you all book with the camp directly use there email as they are busy and don't want to miss phone calls. 

Quote PSP in your email and I look forward to seeing everyone there. 

Thank you we will have a great time. 

Paul 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wookie1965 said:

Hi everyone spoke to the camp they are happy to have the 6 of us and anymore who want to come. 

Can you all book with the camp directly use there email as they are busy and don't want to miss phone calls. 

Quote PSP in your email and I look forward to seeing everyone there. 

Thank you we will have a great time. 

Paul 

Will there be EHU available Paul? Not sure which to book. Presumably they will put us all together, will that be in the back field?

31 minutes ago, Stu said:

Will there be EHU available Paul? Not sure which to book. Presumably they will put us all together, will that be in the back field?

Yes on the back field and also said there will be EHU if there was more of us they said they would throw cables over the hedge.

• Like 1

Fantastic ! Count me in , will be pleased if this takes off and becomes as great as the original PSP. 

Great for newbies and the right place to learn !

not often you will get onto a campsite outside of opening dates !

Nick.

Edited by cotterless45
  • Like 1