Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

190 Mak/Newt in situ.

barkis

Well, when I say in situ, I put it on the EQ6 alongside the ED80 to check the balance. It barely equalises, so by the time it is loaded with Electric Focuser, Camera, filter wheel etc. another weight is required. Anyway, the combination will more likely be the M/Newt + zs66 for guiding.

This is just a posy pic. but I thought you might like to see too.

Ron. :oops:

10836_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw one first hand a few days ago and I have to say the Mak/Newt was beautiful - gorgeous piece of kit and if only I had the cash.....sighs

I know what you mean A_B, I had to pause my retirement to raise some of the bread for this. I was just determined to have one. You are right, it is a great looking instrument.

I just hope I can do it justice with some good images.

Thanks.

Ron. :D

Cheers guys, The telescope really is well put together. Very solid, and oozing class.

SteveL's M42 posted today is testement to the scopes quality, It will be a while before I come even close to the ability Steve has. But, I will have to knuckle down to the task.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Ron. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if a HEQ5 Pro mount would handle one of these? Steve

Steve, I weighed my OTA, and with the the rings and finder attached, it came up 10.2Kgs, about 22.5 lbs.

I have no Idea what the HEQ5 Pro can safely support, but someone will let you know.

Ron. :p

PS

I believe the HEQ5 Pro can carry 18 Kgs. So Easy Peasy for the Mak/ Newt. :)

Hello Ron, thanks for the info, what with the astrofest coming up i might be tempted to spend some cash. :) Ron, just out of interest how does the telescope perform visually I use Hyperion and Vixen Lanthamum eyepieces and any ideas how I can smuggle this past her who must be obeyed. :whip2: Steve.

Archived