NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Where do you keep your Scope ? ?

Hiya, just interested in where you keep your scope ? ? At the moment it’s in the living room and long may it stay there - but I have a feeling the Mrs May eventually get a bit bored with this arrangement and it may have to be moved into the garage.

just want to know if others keep it in the garage ? Will it succumb to any damage ? Will it be ok in there ? If you do keep it in there do you cover it with anything ?

Thanks

Neil

I'm very lucky here Neil, our house has a big overhang over our front patio. I built a very basic marine ply box to keep my scope in, so it is out of the weather but also always at ambient temperature or thereabouts. Seems to work perfectly, I just roll it out onto the front lawn and away I go! :) 

1359307621_ScopeHouse.jpg.5b7bc148bf37ed4a73654be55b9d4812.jpg

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Geoff Barnes said:

I'm very lucky here Neil, our house has a big overhang over our front patio. I built a very basic marine ply box to keep my scope in, so it is out of the weather but also always at ambient temperature or thereabouts. Seems to work perfectly, I just roll it out onto the front lawn and away I go! :) 

1359307621_ScopeHouse.jpg.5b7bc148bf37ed4a73654be55b9d4812.jpg

Very nice ! !

• Thanks 1

I keep my at the office. And have to carry the "thing" thru a cpl. of doors, out to the backyard. 

The "thing" is heavy, tripod catches on the doorframes ect. Im looking at a better solution in the future. 

Edited by Rocket Stars
swenglish autocorrect, spelling

Thanks lads, mines going to stay in the front room as long as possible. It’s in the corner so alls good at the mo.

its just I’ve seen them stored in people’s garages but I’m not sure if I trust sticking it out there.

• 4 months later...

All my gear is stored in two downstairs coat closets at the back of each.  It's not the most convenient, but it keeps it all in a climate controlled area (A/C and heat).  Our summers are swamp-like here, and everything in the shed develops a covering of mold.  I don't know if it would be possible to have enough ventilation to stop this without active heating to keep things dry in there.

7 hours ago, Louis D said:

All my gear is stored in two downstairs coat closets at the back of each.  It's not the most convenient, but it keeps it all in a climate controlled area (A/C and heat).  Our summers are swamp-like here, and everything in the shed develops a covering of mold.  I don't know if it would be possible to have enough ventilation to stop this without active heating to keep things dry in there.

Most of the time ventilation alone is enough to prevent mold, but there needs to be an airflow, a kind of draft so to speak. All fungi hate airflow.

19 hours ago, Waldemar said:

Most of the time ventilation alone is enough to prevent mold, but there needs to be an airflow, a kind of draft so to speak. All fungi hate airflow.

I've got heavy duty fungus growing one of my bush's roots in the winter here.  It's on a slope and we're in a drought, so mold is devastating here even during our drier months.  I'm going to err on the side of caution and keep everything stored indoors.

7 hours ago, Louis D said:

I've got heavy duty fungus growing one of my bush's roots in the winter here.  It's on a slope and we're in a drought, so mold is devastating here even during our drier months.  I'm going to err on the side of caution and keep everything stored indoors.

Many kinds of fungi exist, in wet as well as dry  circumstances. In fact there are organisms for feeding on almost any substance in any circumstance. Mother Nature tries to keep her House clean... The fungus you talk about is not likely going to attack your equipment. Plant fungi are really totally different and need organic matter to grow on. But of course you should do what your heart and common sense is telling you. Best be on the safe side...

Edited by Waldemar
refine