Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Norway.

Platon

I am a 45 year old man from Norway and a newbie to the world of stargazing.
I currently work as a sales manager for a internationally based company and are a family man with two kids that are 22 (moved out) and 5 years old.

I always had a interest for the space outside of our atmosphere, but it has mostly been on the theoretical side.
I am in general a curious person and are also very interested in history, geography and science in general.

Just a few days ago i bought my first telescope and ended up with a Celestron Nexstar Evolution 9.25.
I bought it close to where i live and it's s a little bit over one year old, and have hardly been used at all.

Since then it has been cloudy, but today it's a clear blue sky and the forecast for the next 10+ days looks very good so i hope for my first real test tonight.
Living in the middle of Norway (63.79332, 11.4817) we are soon entering a time without any darkness at all before August so i have limited time to start my new hobby.
I will go more micro in this period and gaze into my microscope.

My next step now is to find out what other accessories i should buy.
I have 40mm and 13mm Eyepieces, a reducer/corrector f/6.3 and a Dew shield.
Some more eyepieces and adapter for my Canon DSLR will probably be on the list.

So far this forum looks very good to me and i will probably be on the reading/question part on here for a while, but hope to contribute more in time.

56949283_2349743608642055_871152825147588608_n.jpg

Hello and a warm welcome to the SGL. You do not have to rush to buy more eps. Give the ones you have a good try out, then you will be better informed about what other focal lengths you would like..Enjoy your new scope.

Heia og velkommen fra meg, bosatt på vestlandet ?.

Promising weather for the Next period of days.

Hope youll get some use of Your telescope before the Bright summer Nights kicks in.

Rune

14 minutes ago, Pondus said:

Heia og velkommen fra meg, bosatt på vestlandet ?.

Promising weather for the Next period of days.

Hope youll get some use of Your telescope before the Bright summer Nights kicks in.

Rune

Hei Rune,

Regnet med at det var nordmenn her ja ?

10 minutes ago, Mr Spock said:

Hi, welcome to SGL :smile:

Nice scope you have. As a C925 user I'd recommend a good quality 10mm eyepiece for lunar/planetary. x235 is just about perfect for this scope.

Thanx ?

Any advice on accessories and use is much appreciated.

Hi @Platon and welcome to SGL. :hello2:

Quote: "...Any advice on accessories and use is much appreciated."

An SCT star diagonal. I use the Altair Astro on my C6 ...and on a 're-modded' Meade ETX105, (as shown below).

PIC021.JPG.317e3ab5bc2a32848d576782c9caf3ab.JPG 

My Celestron C6, (dual-mounted with the ETX105), shown with a single-speed Baader-Crayford focusser and 1.25" TeleVue star diagonal.

IMG_0050.thumb.JPG.0e83cba8a43fca7212f2ea43c0df5c0f.JPG    IMG_0051.thumb.JPG.216a619401be6d13bc865743a8b5d7da.JPG

The side-by-side dual-mounting is a bit top-heavy for my Vixen GP mount. 

Welcome to the site. That is quite a first telescope! You should get some incredible views with it.

What company do you work for, if you don't mind me asking? I work for Laerdal who are based in Stavanger but also international - I've not visited yet as I've only been with the company just over a year but it's only a matter of time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived