Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Market Harborough

Trevor-Austin

A returnee and hopefully here to stay.  

Still very much a beginner in astronomy but advanced in IT so I've built myself a completely self contained OTA and drives which I'm very self-impressed with :) Now just need to get a decent picture from it.  Currently IT 1 astrophotography 0.

I've really gone to town this time, I loved my LX90 from 10 years ago and managed to find another one, I know it's old but I loved it and love this one.

So far I have added to it;

All the Petersen mods except the focusing

Crayford 2" Focused

LNT module (removed the standard finder)

USB GPS

Mini PC

Telrad

Rechargeable 13600mAh battery pack that feeds all the other devices

EOS 450

Backyard EOS

Starpatch for both the patch and the GPS functionality.

THe Starpatch redirect.exe to take the USB GPS and send it to the handset.  Completely pointless as I'll probably never move it, but it was fun to get working.

All controlled remotely from anywhere on my property using VNC on my laptop, actually I can connect to it from anywhere in the world.  All cables are short and on the OTA so no trailing cables or anything to snag.

Images are stored on my games PC which has the most processing power for when I capture 100s of wonderful images, except I haven't got one worthy of note yet:)

Then to be able to use it, which is what put me off before, I have built a staircase and viewing area onto a flat roof at the rear of my property.  It's an unheated guest room underneath (except when we have guests) All just in time for short nights and most of the interesting stuff isn't visible when it is dark.

Welcome to SGL, Sounds like you have things well ready to go ? ...Best of Luck and Clear Skies of course.

Freddie...

Archived