Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from the Wye Valley

GeoffM

Hello all, I've been browsing around the forums for a few weeks so finally registered. I'm returning to the hobby after a few years forced absence. I've already decided to buy a skymax 127 synscan from FLO, and have asked Steve to reserve one from the next order. I have had several telescopes in the past, 114 Helios Newt, then a meade 114ds with autostar, and the last one I had (and wish I still did) a Meade LX90 8" UHTC, hard times forced me to sell this unfortunately. Nevermind, I have had the pleasurable task of researching for a new scope. I concentrate on the moon, and planets. Astrophotography is one of my main interests, and I still have my modified webcam, and I shall also be using my pentax ist DS digital slr for prime focus photography. I am very lucky to have moved to an area with very little light polution, there are no street lights in the village (I think they have only just got electricity :hello2: ) so good dark skies, being Wales though does mean more than average clouds.

Geoff

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Geoff welcome to SGL and because you live in the Wye Valley an extra welcome from the Herefordshire Astronomical Society. If you fancy coming to our next meeting it is scheduled for Thurs 4th December when the topic is 'Star of Bethlehem' - Martin Lunn. Venue the Kindle Centre, next to Asda in Hereford City starting at 7.00pm.

Mark

Hello Geoff welcome to SGL and because you live in the Wye Valley an extra welcome from the Herefordshire Astronomical Society. If you fancy coming to our next meeting it is scheduled for Thurs 4th December when the topic is 'Star of Bethlehem' - Martin Lunn. Venue the Kindle Centre, next to Asda in Hereford City starting at 7.00pm.

Mark

Mark thanks for the offer, although I doubt I can make that one as I start a new job on the 1st, so it will likely be a busy week. I will be better placed in the new year hopefully

Geoff.

• 1 year later...

Archived