Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

OK i Want the Redcat Now!

Sunshine

4 minutes ago, RayD said:

The 21st Century has no place for product reviews?  How does that work?

It has, but only in the same manner as the adverts work.

Colgate, - is not the best toothpaste in the world, but not the worst for sure.

Review of the man who is in the same hobby should be accepted equally as the commercial of Colgate, - with the equal amount of skepticism.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My apologies, - probably I was typing while someone has made a good decision to stop the argument.

I also want that RedCat!
But just bought Samyang 135mm, - it was a very good deal... could not resist... but just a few days before RedCat showed up... Sad...
My heart is bleading! :)

If just a bit... And if I would be able to choose, I would go for RedCat 100%, - you would have the first insights from user :)

not the most experience one, - but anyway :)

2 minutes ago, RolandKol said:

My apologies, - probably I was typing while someone has made a good decision to stop the argument.

I also want that RedCat!
But just bought Samyang 135mm, - it was a very good deal... could not resist... but just a few days before RedCat showed up... Sad...
My heart is bleading! :)

If just a bit... And if I would be able to choose, I would go for RedCat 100%, - you would have the first insights from user :)

not the most experience one, - but anyway :)

That’s the type of review I listen too, from someone who has used the kit in anger for a while and knows the ins and outs of the product, rather than one that was done by someone who just got the item fro free to do a review online, I think the users review holds much more weight and is much more useful... :)

Just now, LeeRich said:

As a newbie to AP it suprises me that these little fracs get astonishing images.

It's defo a factor to consider when weight limit is an issue for scopes like mine when piggy backed ?

Absolutely especially on a lightweight mount with a DSLR, or piggybacked as you mention.. :)

5 minutes ago, LeeRich said:

Come on guys lets get back on track before some comments are removed and others left creating a biased view !!! 

Back on topic eh ???

^^ What Lee said

Back on topic please and play nice guys  ?  

Helen

On 20/02/2019 at 09:46, RolandKol said:

The only video bloger I can recommend, - is his majesty: -  AaaaaaaaastroBiscuit!!!
if you never seen his vids :)  you have missed a lot!

As per reviews,  - guys, do not be childish :) it is the XXI century and it is the Capitalistic one.... "Trust no one" - especially the one who has a loooooots of "toys" to review on :)

P.S.
@rorymultistorey - thanks a lot!

Hee he thx for the mention. The biscuit man is currently in hibernation due to a to the day job taking up way too much time.

But I follow this thread with interest having just bought something that might outdo the red cat: Leica 180mm f3.4 apo telyt lens which I got on ebay for 400quid. If nothing goes wrong (weather/kids/wife/mount/computer/camera/cables/remembering to keep the power lead plugged into the laptop) then I will test it tonight on Orion. I think it'll be clear till 11pm tonight in London.

https://www.youtube.com/astrobiscuit

9 minutes ago, rorymultistorey said:

Hee he thx for the mention. The biscuit man is currently in hibernation due to a to the day job taking up way too much time.

But I follow this thread with interest having just bought something that might outdo the red cat: Leica 180mm f3.4 apo telyt lens which I got on ebay for 400quid. If nothing goes wrong (weather/kids/wife/mount/computer/camera/cables/remembering to keep the power lead plugged into the laptop) then I will test it tonight on Orion. I think it'll be clear till 11pm tonight in London.

www.youtube.com/astrobiscuit

:) Nice

It would be interesting if someone would compare Cat vs Leica Vs Samyang 135mm :) as all of them are somewhere around the same class.
If you will decide to create your first "compare" vid and will need Samyang, - just drop me a line

P.S.

Biscuits are usually more delicious, if not consumed too often ;)

So I've actually just put in an order for a 135 samyang (the only good thing about working so hard is that I have a bit more cash to spend on astro stuff!). My plan is to dual rig with the samyang 135 and the leica 180... but a comparison video would be good. Also really we should throw in the Borg 55FL F3.6  which is double the price but also about 200mm Focal length... and no I didn't get one of those!  Maybe we'll start to see some camparisions on this this thread ?

7 hours ago, rorymultistorey said:

https://www.youtube.com/astrobiscuit

I have the 180 f/3.4m and yes, very nice it is too. £400 is an absolute steal for this lens.

Here's a quick 'n' dirty Sword-to-Flame with the 180 f/3.4 wide open with the ASI 1600 and ZWO RGB filters. Also chucked in a bit of HII with a Baader filter. Mounted on a SA, 1 min subs only rough PA with Polar Finder app.

1420246232_FirstHRGBStack.thumb.png.6e827d3df3ae1fc65395ca77567d1cf0.png

Edit: 12 subs each HRGB, no darks, flats or bias. I said it was quick 'n' dirty :grin:!

Thx Dave, I take your 12 mins and raise you 55mins. This is from last night. 115 x 30 sec,  Leica 180 telyt, canon 600d, cls filter on an unguided star adventurer from my roof in London. (should have been more intergration time but the tracking was poor and I had to throw half of the subs away). This has been processed in app and rnc color.  Looking forward to seeing other images from scopes/ lenses of similar focal length. thx ?

orion v2.jpeg

On 23/02/2019 at 10:49, rorymultistorey said:

So I've actually just put in an order for a 135 samyang (the only good thing about working so hard is that I have a bit more cash to spend on astro stuff!). My plan is to dual rig with the samyang 135 and the leica 180... but a comparison video would be good. Also really we should throw in the Borg 55FL F3.6  which is double the price but also about 200mm Focal length... and no I didn't get one of those!  Maybe we'll start to see some camparisions on this this thread ?

Rory, how are you fitting the Leica to your CCD, I have a number of Leica lenses and the only way I can see is to use a Nikon T-Adapter with a Nikon to Leica lens adapter, but I'm worried about the back focus, any thoughts would be welcome?

1 hour ago, Jkulin said:

Rory, how are you fitting the Leica to your CCD, I have a number of Leica lenses and the only way I can see is to use a Nikon T-Adapter with a Nikon to Leica lens adapter, but I'm worried about the back focus, any thoughts would be welcome?

Hi John,  I bought an adapter for my canon and even though the adapter is thin I can't reach focus without the cls filter in my astro modded 600d. I had similar problems with another lens I used and ended up shoving a uv filter between the lens and the sensor - I think it was a 37mm one which happened to fit pretty snuggly. Obviously this only works when the focus is very nearly there... you need to check the flange distance of the nikon and the Leica. If the Leica is a couple of mm longer than the Nikon then you're in business. I've got a feeling the nikon has quite a long flange distance which is potentially bad...

here is the adapter I bought for my canon.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Leica-R-lens-to-Canon-EOS-EF-Mount-550D-DSLR-Camera-Adapter-Ring-LEICA-R-EOS/272574259217?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

thx rory

7 hours ago, Jkulin said:

Thanks Rory, I managed to get a Nikon adapter for my G2-8300, it was expensive, so it will have to be a Leica/Nikon adapter, I need to achieve 55mm backfocus so will have to do some messing, thanks for your help?

https://www.gxccd.com/art?id=360&lang=409

Ahh,  you've got a ccd sorry thought you had a nikon camera. At least that makes things easier.  I wonder if there is a leica to t2 adapter? 

1 hour ago, rorymultistorey said:

Ahh,  you've got a ccd sorry thought you had a nikon camera. At least that makes things easier.  I wonder if there is a leica to t2 adapter? 

I do have a Nikon D800 that I use for widefield, but I want to use some of my Leica and Nikon lenses on the G2-8300, I haven't seen any T2 Leica Adapters, only Nikon, thus why I went down the route of Nikon > Leica, thanks for your help though.

On 23/02/2019 at 05:59, Davey-T said:

Or one of these but getting on for £6000.00 probably not in the same league, not sure if they actually still make them ?

What in gods name could possibly justify 6000lbs (i have no idea where that pound symbol is) for that tiny thing!

8 hours ago, Sunshine said:

What in gods name could possibly justify 6000lbs (i have no idea where that pound symbol is) for that tiny thing!

Then AP is your trade and you can, at least, offset 6k against the tax! :)

1 hour ago, RolandKol said:

looks like a great scope...

I can't help myself I have to post the second outing with my telyt lens... its much better than the first but please bear in mind its shot from central london.  click here for the link

thx rory

6 hours ago, rorymultistorey said:

looks like a great scope...

I can't help myself I have to post the second outing with my telyt lens... its much better than the first but please bear in mind its shot from central london.  click here for the link

thx rory

yep... reminds me Vincent van Gogh :) LP is the worst enemy... And it looks like you over-cleaned background quite strongly

But you actually have a very nice data in it ;) maybe some  "pix" or "PS" ninja will mange to help you out on it ;)

I did tried my Sam135mm with Canon1300D in my backgarden, 

results are not even close to yours :) rosette was just a red smuggle in the center :)

As even 3 times in a row I failed to get out to the dark skies while Moon was hiding, I starting to think my Sam will start collecting dust... Unless I will cash-out for the second Mono setup!!!!! :) VERY painful idea... But at the moment my Sam is useless :(

Archived