Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

OK i Want the Redcat Now!

Sunshine

8 minutes ago, RolandKol said:

But you actually have a very nice data in it ;) maybe some  "pix" or "PS" ninja will mange to help you out on it ;)

I did tried my Sam135mm with Canon1300D in my backgarden, 

thx roland.  I use gimp to remove the noise and it is a bit of a struggle with that software.  Not sure im ready to shell out on pix...  But maybe the time has come. 

Fyi I'm looking to buy a 135 samyang. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, rorymultistorey said:

thx roland.  I use gimp to remove the noise and it is a bit of a struggle with that software.  Not sure im ready to shell out on pix...  But maybe the time has come. 

Fyi I'm looking to buy a 135 samyang. 

hehehe, no no no ;)
I have not played enough with it yet ;)

1 hour ago, happy-kat said:

Why not try StarTools much better wallet wise and you can download a full version to use to trial it.

good idea... but my computer is pretty slow and startools is quite RAM and processor power hungry. I'm gonna have to sort this out I guess after all I've spent a lot on scopes and stuff, probably time to spend a lot on computers and software too!!!

A good and cheaper alternative to that little WO scope would be a used Canon EF 300mm f/4 USM. Being a professional telephoto lens means that it is in reality an apochromatic refractor with a flat field and has a bigger aperture (75 mm) and lower f-ratio than the WO scope. You do not want a new one because they have a costly built-in image stabilizer that would just mess things up (it could move, cause tilt and introduces more lenses). The older ones do not have this and are therefore quite cheap used (most people want image stabilizers). I bought one a few years ago as a piggy back scope. I attach a DSLR (Canon 60D) HaRGB image taken with it. Ha was taken with a 12 nm Astronomik clip on filter. I just checked ebay and you can get them from 350 punds:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Canon-EF-300mm-F-4-L-IS-USM-Lens-in-Excellent-Condition-and-original-box/323728755118?epid=100017066&hash=item4b5fbcc9ae:g:jIwAAOSwjlBcg6an&frcectupt=true

EDIT: Some things are too good to be true and I just noticed that the 350 pounds was an auction price so maybe 500 - 600 punds would be a more realistic price, and the ad I found was for a newer IS (Image Stabilizer) version so do not bid on that.

IMG5352-425NyPS6+HaLumPS13smallSign.jpg

On 10/03/2019 at 07:20, gorann said:

A good and cheaper alternative to that little WO scope would be a used Canon EF 300mm f/4 USM. Being a professional telephoto lens means that it is in reality an apochromatic refractor with a flat field and has a bigger aperture (75 mm) and lower f-ratio than the WO scope. You do not want a new one because they have a costly built-in image stabilizer that would just mess things up (it could move, cause tilt and introduces more lenses). The older ones do not have this and are therefore quite cheap used (most people want image stabilizers). I bought one a few years ago as a piggy back scope. I attach a DSLR (Canon 60D) HaRGB image taken with it. Ha was taken with a 12 nm Astronomik clip on filter. I just checked ebay and you can get them from 350 punds:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Canon-EF-300mm-F-4-L-IS-USM-Lens-in-Excellent-Condition-and-original-box/323728755118?epid=100017066&hash=item4b5fbcc9ae:g:jIwAAOSwjlBcg6an&frcectupt=true

EDIT: Some things are too good to be true and I just noticed that the 350 pounds was an auction price so maybe 500 - 600 punds would be a more realistic price, and the ad I found was for a newer IS (Image Stabilizer) version so do not bid on that.

IMG5352-425NyPS6+HaLumPS13smallSign.jpg

This is an absolutely beautiful image, WOW!

On 20/02/2019 at 01:23, RayD said:

Exactly that.  He comes across as, and I'm sure is, a really nice guy, but I have never heard him say a single bad word about anything from WO, which is simply not possible.  I've owned a couple of their OTA's so can definitely confirm that!

He makes great videos and clearly has a talent for videography, and I do enjoy watching them, but if I am looking at a review I want to know the good and the bad.

Exactly.

He is a good youtuber and I enjoy watching him too, but when I see he reviews a product I just simply ignore it and I dont even watch those videos.

Archived