SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

William Optics RedCat 51 APO

FLO

16 hours ago, Lockie said:

Any idea on price, Steve. 

15 hours ago, FLO said:

Not sure but we are estimating around £675 ? 

We have set the price at £649. 

It might change slightly when the first delivery arrives and we have an actual landed cost but anyone ordering now (from FLO) can feel confident they will not pay more. And if the price lowers then we will refund the difference ? 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, FLO said:

... designed and manufactured for astrophotography, from CNC machined aluminium, with a smooth calibrated helical focuser, a focus tension ring, a field rotator graduated by degree, a slot for 48mm filters and a reversible dovetail. The first one to arrive will be mine! ? 

Steve

I look forward to your review....?

5 hours ago, Tubby Bear said:

I wonder if they'll have one at Astrofest ??

Somehow i doubt it, but it would be nice if they did.

Widescreen Centre have a sample unit. I am sure they will have it with them at Astrofest. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hallingskies said:

I look forward to your review....?

Happy to post photos but I don’t think a review from me, or any other retailer, is a good idea. Reviews by non-retailers are more credible ?

Steve

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FLO said:

Happy to post photos but I don’t think a review from me, or any other retailer, is a good idea. Reviews by non-retailers are more credible ?

Steve

...and yet the FLO blog still carries other (excellent) equipment reviews... 

No one could ever question your credibility, but I can see how things could get awkward...???

I really like the idea of this product but will be waiting for others to take the plunge (and for some money to spend on it!).

10 hours ago, FLO said:

Steve

I dont see an issue with you or any of your team supplying additional factual information though for example configurations that work and those that dont etc.

Have to say also that this is one product that has my wallet sweating :D and not just for imaging, it could make a smashing wide field visual setup for those who cant get on with binoculars..

Alan

Edited by Alien 13

Dear FLO

THIS IS A COMPLAINT

You know that I have already spent my annual allowance with you for this year.

I think it is extremely unfair that you should offer me such an irresistible goodie at a time like this.

This is your final warning!

:Envy::Envy::Envy:

Edited by Demonperformer
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

Saw this at Astrofest today on the Widescreen Centre stand. Very nice indeed! 

Actually a little heavier than I was expecting, but to be expected with a Petzval I suppose. 

If this performs as well as WO need it to, I can see this being a firm winner for widefiled and mobile set ups with ASI Air and SA or GTI or similar. 

I wonder at what point want becomes need ?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

And it matches my nice red SA so obviously got to have one, the wifes new car is getting cheaper by the day :grin:

Dave

Exactly, Dave. And when have you ever let resistance stand in the way of you and new Astro kit? 

They have a GM3000 there. OMG that is a beastie and a bit. Makes the GM1000 sitting next to it look tiny! 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RayD said:

If this performs as well as WO need it to, I can see this being a firm winner for widefiled and mobile set ups with ASI Air and SA or GTI or similar. 

If it has generous back focus for using a diagonal (and not a fussy one) it could be popular.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

If it has generous back focus for using a diagonal (and not a fussy one) it could be popular.

May need one of those special screw on diagonals like the Star 71 so that wont be cheap, no relevant info on the WO site.

Dave