Greetings From Northeast England

The Traveler

Hi, my name's Anthony-Richard (please don't call me Tony) -- I've been stargazing since 12 thanks to a kids Sunday afternoon teatime TV show called Target Luna, which went on to become Pathfinders to Space - Venus - Mars etc. That was some few decades ago. These days I tend to do my stargazing from an armchair reading books on the subject, or, via the PC

4 minutes ago, ronl said:

Hello Anthony, and welcome to SGL, hope you enjoy your time with us,

see you around the forums.

Hi White Dwarf can I correct you on the name as its double barreled -- Anthony and Richard are meant to be said together. I'm very pedantic about that. 

4 minutes ago, Charic said:

There's a great deal going on with that software and regular updates too, I'm still fixed with  v 0.15.0 which suits me.

What about optics, binoculars / telescopes! Whats in your collection or wish list?

I have a pair of 20 X 50s but to be honest, I can only see the brightest of starts due to heavy LP as I live on a very busy street. However, my interest is more toward the moon for home observing. To see the feint stars I need to get out to a dark sky site, which for me is n hours drive away.

37 minutes ago, The Traveler said:

Hi White Dwarf can I correct you on the name as its double barreled -- Anthony and Richard are meant to be said together. I'm very pedantic about that. 

We will call you  by whatever you desire, such is the friendly nature of this forum.

White Dwarf, Vacuum and Main Sequence are just for fun, based on post counts. https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/39715-user-ranks-and-post-counts/
White dwarf is actually ronl............he's quite pedantic you know?

REALLY!  he's not......... ( here I'm joking with you )  but the forum is a good one, you should not have or  warrant any issues here. Just have fun.

Hi, Anthony Richard, and welcome to SGL.

8 hours ago, The Traveler said:

I have a pair of 20 X 50s but to be honest, I can only see the brightest of starts due to heavy LP as I live on a very busy street. However, my interest is more toward the moon for home observing. To see the feint stars I need to get out to a dark sky site, which for me is n hours drive away.

Those are nice bins and I bet you get some great views of the moon with that. I think I read somewhere that, with the changing phases and libration, you could watch the moon full time for 18 years before you started seeing the same feature under exactly the same lighting conditions. So lots to see.

Enjoy the journey.

Welcome Traveler, I get the Name thing...Used to shovel snow for and older woman named Della May and trust me on not including both names when addressing her it would not go well for those who stumbled. You made me think of her as she has been gone now many years so thank you for that, she was indeed special.

Since I have become severely disabled doing armchair astronomy has filled in the gaps telescopes once predominantly held and is an awesome way to observe, best of luck in your efforts and clear skies of course ?

Freddie...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived