Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Howdy from Kaintuck

Kn4fty

Howdy folks,

I'm Rob from Kentucky. Just joined the lounge and figured I'd say Hi to everyone. Just a little bit about me. I've been into astronomy my whole life, but got into serious observing about 20 years ago. I do plan on being the first amateur astronomer to step foot on Mars and observe Earth. ? Not sure how yet seeing I'm a poor hillbilly, but where there's a will there's a way! Hahahaha

Thanks. One thing I learned over the years is I'm always learning when it comes to astronomy. Always ready to learn something new from my fellow star junkies. If I can help someone else then it's just icing on the cake. 

I'm sure there will be plenty of competition for Mars. To those that want to go, just remember it's cold and dusty. Imagine what the dust will do to your scope! I'm willing to make the sacrifice so others will know how conditions will affect their equipment. ?

Hi Rob

Welcome from land down under

Remember when a kid, used to lay on back lawn of the farm, was living on at the time, and watch the guys in Gemini spacecraft fly over

Nothing is impossible these days with our dreams

Thanks. Yeah you right. If people don't dream it then it doesn't happen.

I bet that was awesome watching the Gemini craft go over!

I got another dream. In the near future I'm going to be making a replica of Neil Armstrong's EVA suit. I'm hoping when it's finished that I can get all the living Apollo astronauts to sign it.

Hi, Rob, and welcome to SGL.

Yep, in the wake of the moon landings, I was going to grow up to be on the first manned Mars expedition ... well (*spoiler alert*) that didn't happen.

I think the autographed EVA suit is a far more likely proposition.

Enjoy the journey.

Archived