Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Light (almost) Skywatcher Esprit 150ED

Laurin Dave

Took delivery of an ES Reid checked  Skywatcher Esprit 150ED and flattener on Monday from FLO...  after looking at and imaging the moon and a few planets on Monday and last night and despite the nearly full moon I thought I'd point it at M27 and see what happened...  The results are pretty good I think for only 2x5 mins each of RGB plus a bit of a single 10min Ha.  As always I'm very pleased with the service from  Martin and rest of the FLO team and thanks to all the proponents of big refractors on this forum for helping me choose..   Equipment used Esprit 150ED, ASI1600mm plus ZWO filter wheel/filters, ZWO OAG and ASI120mm, Skywatcher AZEQ-6.. 

Thanks for looking

Dave

..   M27_RGBplusHa_0.5.thumb.jpg.1d937386453b9843e178807ea8999b46.jpgM27_RGBplusHa_0.5_comp.thumb.jpg.e5f35222f8df478c28e42a331ff450aa.jpg

36 minutes ago, sloz1664 said:

Great images for such a short amount of imaging time. How did you process the final stacked images.

Steve.

Thanks Steve and everyone else...    I used 10 darks and 20 sky flats but no bias or flat darks … R, G, B and Ha subs processed in Pixinsight using batch pre-processing script...  then combined , automatic background neutralisation, photometric colour calibration, mlt noise reduction then histogram stretch.. and a bit of saturation boost in curves. Ha merged by following Harry's pixel math video tutorial...   this is a crop of the 10 min Ha sub.

Dave

M27_Ha_core_crop.thumb.jpg.5deb2afb2fa4381bf3424dd28a861cbd.jpg

Very promising. Congrats on the new scope. I also only had a few minutes with my new Esprit 150 before astrodarkness left Sweden. Even if I love summer, this makes me almost long for the autumn.....

Archived