Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A quick(ish) M13 to test my new Obs set up

geoflewis

I’ve just bought myself a couple of refurbished laptops for astro, so wanted a bright target for a quick test run of my capture software. I also purchase a preowned Lodestar X2 off ABS, so was also testing that. I now have as a dedicated Obs laptop a refurbished Dell i5 Win7 4GB RAM, running SGP & PHD2, so having installed all the various astro software it was time for a test run. The i5 with only 4GB RAM, was slowish to boot, but ran everything as sweet as a nut, so I’m pleased with it and the X2 so far. I also recently acquired one of Garry Jarette’s KISS OAG focus adapters, which made easy work of focussing the X2 with my QSI583wsg camera.

My Obs has Ethernet connection back to the house so it was a fast process transferring the captured data to my also new refurbished Dell Win10 i7 12GB laptop for image processing.

Here is the result...

2622E8CD-064F-4E32-8E54-41708B689511.thumb.jpeg.793330a6f816b1fb60e9c4a91d36a6d5.jpeg

All in all a pretty successful test outing :icon_biggrin:

Geof

On 20/05/2018 at 22:52, Rodd said:

I'd say....wonderful.

Rodd

On 21/05/2018 at 06:49, swag72 said:

That's looking very nice indeed ????

23 hours ago, RayD said:

Quick test run?  Very nice I'd say, Sir.

16 hours ago, simmo39 said:

V nice, v sharp!

Thanks everyone, much appreciated.  Sorry for my tardy replies, I’m currently visiting the beautiful city of York for a few days with my wife for our 43rd wedding anniversary.

I love this target for both visual (probably my favourite) and AP. The test wasn’t so much for the scope, though it’s the first time I’ve imaged it with this particular scope/camera combo, but mainly I wanted to cycle the new laptop through an SGP sequence to chack that everything worked, ie plate solve, center, auto focus, filter change, downloads, etc. I’m pleased to say that it did and yes very pleased to see the propeller showing :icon_biggrin:.

Geof

Archived