Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

22-04-2018 AR2706 Daystar Quark

Ewan

Been a long time since i was able to post anything here, the weather & spot count not playing ball.
22-04-2018 AR2706.
152mm Tecnosky, Daystar Quark, Baader 135mm D-ERF,PG IMX174 on AZEQ6-GT.
Best 50% from 5000 Frames stacked in AS!3, sharpened using IMMPG. Processed on capture Laptop only.

AR2706.png

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 07:12, Ewan said:

Been a long time since i was able to post anything here, the weather & spot count not playing ball.
22-04-2018 AR2706.
152mm Tecnosky, Daystar Quark, Baader 135mm D-ERF,PG IMX174 on AZEQ6-GT.
Best 50% from 5000 Frames stacked in AS!3, sharpened using IMMPG. Processed on capture Laptop only.

AR2706.png

Stunning work, Ewan

I assume that is the Quark Chromo  ?

Dave

12 hours ago, Davenn said:

Stunning work, Ewan

I assume that is the Quark Chromo  ?

Dave

Sure was Dave, not seen the point in getting the Prom version tbh as the Chromo can 'see' them anyway ;-)

10 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Excellent image Ewan, good to see you shooting the Sun again instead of other things :)

Dave

Cheers Dave,

Nice to be 'back' fella, hope you've been well ?

Weather has been dire hasn't it, last year I was solaring at the beginning of March, this is my first capture so far lol

Work, Shooting HFT with my lad, work & family home all taking the time up anyway.

I still can't believe how 'easy' the Quark can deliver nice images Dave, for the price (even now) they are well worth it, hope your is behaving still ?

Atb

Ewan

20 minutes ago, Ewan said:

Cheers Dave,

Nice to be 'back' fella, hope you've been well ?

Weather has been dire hasn't it, last year I was solaring at the beginning of March, this is my first capture so far lol

Work, Shooting HFT with my lad, work & family home all taking the time up anyway.

I still can't believe how 'easy' the Quark can deliver nice images Dave, for the price (even now) they are well worth it, hope your is behaving still ?

Atb

Ewan

Hi Ewan, all well here, my Quark is OKish, not as good as my original but according to Daystar it's of " acceptable standard " still gets a reasonable image and having been without it for about 6 months, while it commuted back and forth across the Atlantic a few times, I just put up with it.

Cheers

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Davey-T said:

I see this image has made it into June AN issue, congrats on getting published Ewan, well deserved.

Dave

Cheers Dave, nice of you to say so mate.

Got home yesterday & saw a copy of Junes edition on my desk & that meant one thing ;-)

Just had a go earlier but haze, thin cloud & any other excuse I can think of got in the way lol

Tried the 3.8 WL filter with an OIII filter (as per Christian's advice) on the 152mm scope, not anything worth saving yet but I did try some Ha just not got to those yet.

Atb Dave & take it easy fella

Archived