Jump to content


Heart and a bit of Soul

Recommended Posts

After the perma-rain for Plymouth finally breaking last night, I got 1st light using my newly acquired 'defective' Canon 75-300 lens mounted to my CCD via a Geoptik adapter.

Below images are made up of 16 x 300s subs ran through PI and very messily processed.  Have done 2.  The 1st I used TGV on, which I have never used and know nothing about, which may be evident in the image.

The second has had 1 pass of noise reduction on it.

Both stretched and curved.

Option 1 - 5acfd067a045f_HeartNebulaHaOption1.thumb.jpg.04d7adcdcf1336388b270a2523ef1ff1.jpg

Option 2 - 5acfd08bce617_HeartNebulaHaOption2.thumb.jpg.4670af70a6536e35aae0aa846007f169.jpg

Have not used flats on these as my flat box was playing me up last night and as it was 0100 when clouds came in, I could not be bothered to mess around and just wanted to pack up and get some sleep before work.

On the whole I am pleased with what I have achieved.  Is probably only the third or fourth time I have used my CCD in anger and got a decent result out.

Next step is to try again and this time get some flats to help improve things...and learn a bit more about processing NB images in PI too

Thanks for looking

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.