Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Which Tak

Ok, I will resume the count tomorrow if any more comments are forthcoming..... unless it is clear out as forecast then I will be observing through my new scope.....That reminds me,  have I mentioned I have a new scope arriving tomorrow ? 

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Pig said:

Ok, I will resume the count tomorrow if any more comments are forthcoming..... unless it is clear out as forecast then I will be observing through my new scope.....That reminds me,  have I mentioned I have a new scope arriving tomorrow ? 

'sraining tmorro:clouds2:

Wow the 16th of Jan to the 30th of Jan it went from which tak to new scope arriving. I had the flu and missed all the excitement and another thing I had to wait two months for Ian King to ship me my DF. I am hoping for clear skies tomorrow there might be a chance mid evening. Hope you get a break in the clouds.

??? x FC100DC
???? x FC100DF
???? x FC100DL
? x FC76DS
? x TSA120
? x TSA102
?? x FS102
? x FS120
??? x FS60CB
? x FSQ85
? x TOA-150B
???x FS128
?? ???x Doberman 

Latest: 31/01 2018 05:30pm and cloudy ? 24 Taks

8 hours ago, Alien_Photons said:

Wow the 16th of Jan to the 30th of Jan it went from which tak to new scope arriving. I had the flu and missed all the excitement and another thing I had to wait two months for Ian King to ship me my DF. I am hoping for clear skies tomorrow there might be a chance mid evening. Hope you get a break in the clouds.

IK is higher profile than TT, has a "Takahashi" web site. So he sells out first. TT had all models in stock as a result. 

12 minutes ago, 25585 said:

IK is higher profile than TT, has a "Takahashi" web site. So he sells out first. TT had all models in stock as a result. 

Both retailers were approx the same lead time for the DF when I enquirer ? IE about a week.

13 hours ago, Pig said:

Yeah but Aaron has not been on for a very long time... and he has to contribute to the thread..... I often wonder what happened to him ?

Still alive and breathing Shaun :icon_biggrin: thanks for wondering!

Still also have the FS128, so feel free to add to the list.

12 hours ago, GavStar said:

Last update was that he hadn’t even looked through it since he bought it, poor chap - hope he’s managed to by now

Still yet to look through it, as embarrassing as that is.

Wow, it’s been almost two years since that last post?! I felt ridiculous not having used the scope when writing that back THEN...

18 minutes ago, Joves said:

Still yet to look through it, as embarrassing as that is.

Wow, it’s been almost two years since that last post?! I felt ridiculous not having used the scope when writing that back THEN...

Aaron, have you used any of your smaller scopes more recently? I note from your signature you have the recently released SW AZ-Gti? Having two young daughters myself, I appreciate it’s not easy getting the larger scopes into action.

Hi Gavin,

I’ve had a few mini stints recently with the Mak127 on AZ-Gti, after not having reached for any scope at all for a pretty long while. I have to say, the Mak on the AZ-Gti is just so easy to pick up and get going, that it’s almost criminal not to drag it into the yard to cool if the afternoon is clear (even if it doesn’t end up getting looked through). Great little mount. I actually only really wanted to buy the little mount (With the intention of using it with my TV76 if/when the mood struck) but it seemed silly not to throw a few hundred extra dollars at it and get it with the Skymaster127. I’m glad I did... that little scope has some pretty incredible optics for the price.

it is hard getting the big scopes out. Motivation just hasn’t been there, let alone opportunity or sky conditions. Seems that all three haven’t come together on the same night in a few years. Pretty keen to get back into it this year though. I’ve recently purchased what I believe to be a great Mak (Tec MC200 f/15.5), which should be a good performer on the planets in a few months time. The plan is to run the Tec and FS128 side by side on the AZ-EQ6... I imagine they should compliment each other quite nicely.

I have to say, your setup is the one that has most impressed me whilst quietly lurking in the shadows on SGL... your scope makes my “big” ones look like glorified finders!

Meant to also mention... tonight I’m motivated, the kids are asleep, I’m positioned perfectly to view a supposedly impressive example of a lunar eclipse, aaaaand... the clouds are so thick, I can’t even see the glow of the moon through them. 

If we took it personally, and moreso seriously, it would be easy to start thinking someone up there had it in for us! Can only laugh and shake my head really...

Good to hear you have been using the 127 mak a bit, Aaron. So you have clouds in Australia? ? Real shame they have messed up the lunar eclipse for you tonight.

Several people in the US use a refractor and Mak together - sounds like a great combo to me. 

Thanks for your comments on my latest setup - I’m enjoying it a lot. We’ve got a club meet tomorrow evening and the forecast is currently good - fingers crossed. 

And good luck with your observing this year - I hope to hear more from you on SGL in due course. Your posts from a few years back were very helpful for me.

Apologies to Shaun for going off topic - hope you don’t mind.

Cheers

Gavin

Haha... yep, we sure do have clouds!

Thanks Gavin, appreciate the kind words. I still consider myself to be EXTREMELY amateur in this hobby. I’ll definitely make an effort to get more viewing in this year and try to contribute here on SGL. I owe a lot to this site. I don’t know much about astronomy now, but I sure know a lot more than I did a handful of years ago and that’s predominantly due to this great forum.

Same from me, Shaun... sorry for taking things way off topic. Like I said, still have the FS128... please add it to your tally :)

Cheers,

Aaron 

6 hours ago, Joves said:

Still alive and breathing Shaun :icon_biggrin: thanks for wondering!

Still also have the FS128, so feel free to add to the list.

Hey there, it is good to hear that you are fine and all is well ? I will add your scope when I get home.

5 minutes ago, mikeDnight said:

Ok, its been TWO HOURS and that's the best image of the bottom of a Tak box I've ever seen! What's on the inside? :icon_bounce:

If I know anything about Tak boxes, there is another, slightly smaller Tak box inside ;) 

Archived