NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Live rocket launch

Peco4321

I think they are too busy playing Fortnite or whatever on those big screens infront of them to be bothered with outside. They have nothing else to do. No point in them even being awake. If it goes wrong slowly they'll be wakened by the electric nut spinners unbolting the hatch.

If it goes wrong quickly they'll be wakened by the escape rockets kicking them in the pants.

41 minutes ago, JamesF said:

Oh dear.  The interview with the president of JAXA was really not done well.  He really wasn't reading his answers off a sheet of paper in front of him, was he?

James

Yup, the introduction was awkward so I clicked over to something else for a while.

Anyway, the exciting bit is done. 

The docking is not good TV so I might watch the highlights. And after that...nothing...what are they even doing up there there? 

They proved the launch vehicle so prove the splashdown. Tuesday would be good for me :)

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mognet said:

I was hoping to see it too as we have a clear night. Couldn't see anything though.

Any idea where I can find out the route for next time?

I think they generally take off heading to the same orbit as the ISS, there are a few apps showing ISS orbits and visible passes from your location so if there's one for your location they should be following along behind.

I managed a couple of images in the distant past of the Shuttle following behind near to rendezvous.

The CO weather app has ISS passes and the Heavens Above site.

https://www.heavens-above.com/

Dave

3 hours ago, Davey-T said:

I think they generally take off heading to the same orbit as the ISS, there are a few apps showing ISS orbits and visible passes from your location so if there's one for your location they should be following along behind.

Thanks. I did wonder if that was the case as they needed precise timing for the launch, but I couldn't find any specific information on it in a brief search. Plenty of stuff on boost timings and heights was available this time

Clear Outside doesn't list any visible ISS passes before Friday. There was a pass not long after launch, but it would have been low here

PassSkyChart2.ashx?passID=925&size=800&lat=51.644&lng=0.6177&loc=South+Woodham+Ferrers&alt=0&tz=GMT&showUnlit=true

Edited by Mognet
Used bad location link