Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from the wirral

Wirral man

Hello to all thought I'd join this forum as I have been intrested in astronomy for years and have recently found a love for astrophotography so I bought a skywatcher star adventurer and use my dslr for imaging.

so I hope I can learn and help others on here thanks john

1 hour ago, JeremyS said:

Welcome John!

You may already know, but Chester Astronomical Society is not too far away from you. We meet on the last Weds of the month in Waverton village hall, just south of Chester.

Jeremy

Yes Jeremy this is definitely something I would be interested in!! to be honest I have made enquiries with north Wales astronomy club as I have been searching for the darkest skys near me and Snowdonia national park is completely 0% light pollution. however chester would be more convenient are there dark skys around where the club meets? thanks john 

28 minutes ago, Wirral man said:

however chester would be more convenient are there dark skys around where the club meets?

One of our members is a farmer and he allows part of his land to be used to observe from. Some people go down there after meetings. It's in Waverton, so there is still light from Chester, but not too bad.

Jeremy

12 hours ago, JeremyS said:

One of our members is a farmer and he allows part of his land to be used to observe from. Some people go down there after meetings. It's in Waverton, so there is still light from Chester, but not too bad.

Jeremy

ok will definitely give it a try then do you have to book in advance or just turn up?

John

4 hours ago, Wirral man said:

ok will definitely give it a try then do you have to book in advance or just turn up?

Hello John,

just turn up at any of our meetings at Waverton Village Hall - no need to book. If its clear after the meeting and dark (i.e.  during winter months) some members go to the observing field with is about 5 mins drive away. 

Jeremy

1 hour ago, JeremyS said:

Hello John,

just turn up at any of our meetings at Waverton Village Hall - no need to book. If its clear after the meeting and dark (i.e.  during winter months) some members go to the observing field with is about 5 mins drive away. 

Jeremy

Ok Jeremy will try and make the 31st then thanks for the invite 

Regards John 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, John, and welcome to SGL.

DSLR imaging can be fun. If you haven't done so already, you might want to consider getting your camera 'modded' for AP - the removal of the IR filter that cuts out a lot of the light emitted by hydrogen, quite a common element in the universe! It makes a world of difference, but don't worry if you haven't - you can still take great images with an unmodded one.

Archived