SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

our huge prom today 20-10-17

xtreemchaos

a qwickly processed frame of the huge prom today. theres no other proms visable and only one nice filament showing on the disc. seeing here is cloudy but quite good in the gaps. this prom looks amazing in the vis, get a look if you get chance.

clear skys. charl.

prom oncoming limb upper.

59e9bf5e4a304_hugeprom20-10-17.thumb.png.de067ba4e5def00dba3934a1947fcab5.png

with a bit of colour.

59e9c85285c26_hugeprom20-10-17col.thumb.png.4108a9909e07615ef944dad397aa1bb4.png

thanks Dave, your so kind mate. using the starwave today , it do take a nice pic, ive some more vid to do but my kidneys are killing me today so ill sort later when me pain killers kick in and post in the imaging sec. hope it clears with you. charl.

Thanks Charl for the 'heads up' this morning. Its now clear in Hereford so I have just looked at this magnificent Prom - its big. I bought a 25mm Fujiyama Ortho at IAS last week on my way to a weeks holiday - first day back home so first outing for this EP. Setting up the PST + DS + Fujiyama gave a very sharp whole disc - not only the big Prom but a nice filament plus 2 smaller filaments towards the south of the disc. In addition about 6  smaller 'roundish' filaments towards the northern end. really excellent view. I also used my normal TeleVue 8-24 zoom for a closer look.

Just looked again and there a brightish small Prom that seems to be lifting off the south-east limb at about 130 degrees.

Archived