Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Returning!

M110

Hi all,

Thought I'd post in the Welcome forum to say hi as it's been years since I was last on the site. I kind of drifted away from the hobby but have now returned :)

I still own some of my old astro equipment: Skywatcher 12" Skyliner dob (with a steadily corroding mirror :shocked:), and a Skymax 150 mak on an old black non-goto EQ6. Unfortunately it is stored in my parent's shed and I now live 150 miles away with nowhere to store equipment that large! So I have recently purchased a Skmax 102 mak and an old AZ4 mount which I have had great fun observing the moon and Saturn with a couple of times in the last week or so.

Looking forward to learning my way around the skies again - I am sure it will all come flooding back!

I now live in Exeter, Devon and teach science in a local secondary school including A-level physics :)  

Anyway, good to be back and nice to meet you all (again!)

Alex 

It's good to be back ain't it!? I've too left a few times too and each time sold all my kit and reeeeeeeegretted it later big time. But now with this fab forum whenever I think I've made a mistake I can look it up and find that I'm not the only one. That makes me feel much better. Never alone in astronomy again thanks to the internet and SGL :icescream:

Welcome back to SGL, enjoy your second coming, you know it's a great place, and you
must have had good reason to go for a break. Anyway, you're home again, hopefully to sign
up for life :icon_biggrin:.
Just a thought,  living in Exeter you have access to First Light Optics, so if you need at some time to increase your Kit size
you won't need to pay P@P.
HehHeh!   Just kidding.

Archived