Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Bristol uk

vance1977

Hi Guy and girls 

I've just got into astronomy with my first proper telescope a celestron astrofi 130.

I've only been doing this for about 2 weeks now and I'm well and truly hooked, I'm already contemplating a bigger better telescope, if only I could get permission to buy it  from my better half , i know id get from her what's wrong with the one you got...she will never understand lol.

Due to the weather being in the UK I've only had a few clear nights but I've been able to make out the band's on Jupiter and last Saturday I had a lovely dark night and was just able to see the sombrero galaxy as a faint white smudge, I'm hoping to get myself a DSLR for astrophotography, though only having a altaz mount I'll be limited to what I can image.

Clear sky's

Vance

Hi Vance and welcome to the forum :icon_biggrin:

I'm based at Portishead so not far from you.

Sounds like you are doing well with your Celestron 130 - the Sombreo Galaxy is a good catch !

• 2 weeks later...

Archived