Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Trouble with Firecapture & QHY5LIIc

Stargazer33

Hi,

After returning to imaging after a long break I have been having a problem using Firecapture with my QHY5LIIc camera. The captures keep coming out with a 'hatch' pattern over them like you are looking through a cloth.

The below image is a crop of a Luna image which has been enlarged 400x to clearly show the pattern although it is clear enough on the original image I wasn't sure how it would appear after uploading.

58f36488df81e_Firecapturecapturepattern.png.736b464ad3cd1dad95e5413c036682c5.png

Does anyone know what causes this artefact and how I can stop it from happening in the future?

PeterCPC: I used EZPlanetary too and there wasn't the problem with that. I just thought that Firecapture looked like it had more to offer.

Peter: I thought it might be the Bayer matrix but it doesn't happen all the time. I change one of the settings (can't remember which one off hand) and the matrix appears. That doesn't seem right!

I've also been trying to use Astrophotography Tool but I can't get the image dark enough. I have set the exposure to 'bulb' and the length to 0.00001 of a second but objects like Jupiter are still burnt out.

Archived