NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

61,000 image (61 pane) composite of the Solar disc + proms at F40

NickH

This has taken a day to image and process...solid day

1 hour this morning, capturing the 61,000 frames of video with the skynyx on the SV50 at F40 courtesy of a 5X Imagemate

Then 6 hours stitching it all together, and levelling it (i'll post up the imerge shot to show what I mean)

This is 4000 x 4000 original size and is 45MB coming from around 19GB of data

Ignore the small thumbnail...click on the big one (and even that is about 40% real size)

It's half killed me...

Hope you enjoy it (version here is massively compressed and reduced, if anyone wants the full monty version, let me know and i'll stick the tif on sendspace), is anyone is insane enough to want to have a go, I can also zip up all the panes and the proms (well all the ones I ended up using, as I did a lot of overlapping)... also on sendspace

7867_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now...somebody invent a 60fps camera that has the resolution of the 11002...

TIA...

(I have the raid arrays/ram drives to cope with the data throughput...make it IEEE1394/3200...sorted!

Here for scale are the proms bottom left at 67% full size

7869_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

You deserve a blumming Gong for that Nick. If that doesn't get the recognition It deserves

Next Month, then there is no justice. That is just awesome. I can't even Imagine the work that has gone into this, but the final product gives a big clue.

You must have been knackered after wrestling with it.

Ron. :salute:

I downloaded the biggie, and you're right, it was worth it. Tremendous!.

I notice the prominences that are visible, appear to be more or less diametrically opposed. Is there any significance here, or is it just a chance thing perhaps.?

Wow...thank you...

It was clear last night until midnight anyway..but was just too wiped out to go out...

Seriously, thank you everyone for the really kind support...it makes it all very worthwhile to know people of your calibre think it's a nice shot

WOW WOW WOW !!!!! :)

I'm always in awe with all of your solar work but i have to say you've really surpassed your self this time nick excellent image ! your a inspiration to us all !.That much so your images have inspired me to look into buying my first solarscope will probably be a PST.

The way i look at is our sun is the most overlooked item in the sky most people do deepsky work of far off wonders (myself included) but our own star is just as magnificent and wondrous as is clearly shown in your astro imagery.

Thanks again nick for sharing your images !!!!

regards Chris

Here's the full size version. 6.7MB jpeg...for those who want a truly close up flyby on the Sun

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0f3rcd

Worth it...trust me (ads on the link sorry...if anyone wants to host a 6.7mb jpeg for me...be happy to take up the offer)

UK astronomers has no limit that I'm aware off...?

Words fail me - that doesn't happen often :)

Amazing Nick... of an asrtomag - or should be...

Ant

Ant...so I can upload the zip file version of the full job on ukastronomers?

If that's the case, and there is no limit, I may zip up the entire pane set, all the individual shots, and the imerge project, so anyone can have a go..

If stuff like this helps get others in to Solar imaging, then it's done its job..

I put the full size version (really is worth it) on mediafire, if anyone wants to have a go...(if people want) i'll zip up the separate image files (got it down to 40 odd total actually that you can get away with, and the imerge project file)

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=4af8c07693e73015d2db6fb9a8902bda

All good fun this

Archived