Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

9 hours ago, Moonshane said:

Everything Is a compromise somewhere.  Button battery life in a Rigel is about 250 hours. With aas (rigel do sell an option which to Install you have to chip away some of the casing) it's about 2700 hours. I must admit I have never heard of another issue like yours with a Telrad which in my view has a generally better build quality and fixing system. Each to their own :happy11:

If you leave it on continously, then yes, that's a good point in favor of the Telrad.  I tend to turn either on for at most 10 seconds at a time, and then only a few times per night, so 250 hours is a very long time indeed.

I picked up a couple of used Telrads for $15 apiece that were a little rough to replace my fried one.  I just won't ever pay new prices for one again, though.

Since having my neq6 my Telrad seems to have been made redundant as the goto just works I still use the finderscope because it has the crosshairs for accuracy but in theory do I need that?.When doing a two star alignment I generally use my low power ep then press up or down to centre it press enter and off I go.The scope would look odd though without a Telrad or finder,has anyone actually dispensed with both?

ps I still haven't replaced the batteries in my Telrad they must be four years old now and that's with leaving it on for several days at a time.

Edited by triton1
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...