SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Telrads and tubes

Like many I think Telrads are great scope sites. And want to use mine with different scopes. But I don't want to stick a base to a nice looking OTA.

All base types seem to be curved so sticking to a flat surface such as an accessory plate is not possible.

The only option seems to be using two holes in its base, if they line up with those on a plate. Are there any ideas out there, or aftermarket Telrad bases apart from the company ones?

Just stick the base with some sticky foam pads. Best way IMO. You can always pull the sticky pads off in future if you no longer require the telrad. And the scope will clean up where the sticky pads have been and no damage done to OTA ?

4 minutes ago, jock1958 said:

Here’s my solution. Fabricated a flat bit of alloy then drilled and tapped two threads for the Telrad base. Think it cost £1 from local sheet metal supplier 

6C7BE493-0755-4142-9766-7BCEE5B4E957.jpeg

7ACBCB94-B1BA-4DA8-981B-D88010A893E8.jpeg

AC17E517-834F-41B8-8E1A-231E56B36F2E.jpeg

I have some hardwood, give it a go!

Archived