SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi all

SteveMcHarg

42 minutes ago, SteveMcHarg said:

I'm Steve from Bathgate just outside Edinburgh ! 

i have an eq6 which is a little old now and looking for a replacement . My main interest is widefield photography. 

These are, I have heard, a 'workhorse' mount and Many people are using these with the likes of 80mm refractors and producing better than excellent results - i dont expect to be able to get close to such in the next couple of years after my recent Equinox Pro ED80 purchase

If you could let everyone know the sort of thing you are looking to image, the current OTA and any cameras etc. that would let people make more 'educated' suggestions.

I currently have a Celestron AVX that I intent to use primarily ont he the afore mentioned AVX, it is just a but under rated for the newtonian I have.

Also have a CGEM-DX that I got to take the Newtonian 200P-DS (1000mm fl) with DSLRs guide scope etc.

PS I use the mast out at Cairnpapple for aligning guide and making scope as rough focussing - its about 6 miles from me - so not far from you.

Hi Steve, welcome to SGL :smile:

Many people still use the EQ-6 - it's a great workhorse. The next step from that would be the newer AZ EQ-6, or, if you have a little more (quite a bit more actually) spare cash, the Mesu is very highly regarded.

Archived