Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Leeds

gaelicstorm7

Hello all,

Thought I'd better introduce myself, I live with my wife (she who must be obayed) in a small town called Morley it has Leeds to it's north and Bradford to it's west and my garden faces onto a main road so lots of streetlights and car headlights :lol: light pollution HELL. Always enjoyed looking at the stars naked eye and kept promising myself, one day I'd buy a telescope, so -

October 04 I bought a Meade ETX90, really enjoyed using it discovering the wonders of the night sky and attempting to take a few images with a Meade LPI.

Here comes the slippery slope-------I wanted more !

Early in 2005 got the chance to buy a little ST80 refractor on an EQ1 mount and aquired a Canon 350D about the same time, took some images through the scope and some widefields with the camera piggybacked on the EQ1, soon realised the mount had 'limitations' so the search began for an upgrade within my budget !.

A couple of months later an EQ5,driven and on wooden tripod came along, really improved things a huge amount, much more stable and better tracking.

Shortly after this had the chance to get my Megrez, wonderful bit of kit this, optically with the 2"diagonal and 2" eyepieces it's amazing, just like floating in space, and from an imaging point of view it's something else, compared with the somewhat curved field of view (in images) of the ST80 the Megrez is soooooo flat.

And that's the story so far, I'm at the bottom of the steep leaning curve of astroimaging but loving every step of the way.

If anyone has any questions I'd be delighted to try and answer them, and look forward to contributing to your forum, will post some of my images for your amusement

Cheers

Alan.

Hello Alan and Welcome to the forum..

Sounds like you had some nice Kit there the ETX90 is a great little scope and the ST80 is another good un but your new scope is in a differant class it's esp good for imaging as you say...

Big differance isnt there between an EQ1 and EQ5 mount should complament your Megrez perfectly.

Look forward to your images.

James in LP Blackpool :sunny:

Hi Alan

Looks like I managed to tempt you on then Its a really good site here And will suit you down to the ground Mate. btw I look forwards to your posts and any images you upload.

I think you are a natural when it comes to astroimaging as I told you in the past that said I am certain that the members on here will both enjoy your images and learn from them too!

You know I am not trying to big it up for you mate its just a credit where credit is due thing with me you know that.

As you can see now you have regitered thiers plenty to do on the forum in my eyes its the best (for me at least ) best one around.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Archived