NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello all

My first attempt. No guiding on a Skywatcher 150pds and Canon 550d. I wanted more frames but the moon was out and didn't set till late! Anyway there are only 6 frames of 180 with 9 darks.  I haven't checked what others have done but please post yours too.

http://www.astrobin.com/full/275591/0/

Let me know your thoughts and comments 

Gerry

Hi. Nice image. Thanks for posting. I just got a 150/750 and am keen to have a go at this. Looking at the field of view however, it cuts off quite a bit of the nebula. A 300mm lens -maybe one which came with the camera?- would allow us image the whole of it and see it in context in its surroundings. Same goes for the andromeda and orion nebulae. But yeah. Bad time with the moon...

Yes I thought it wasn't too bad considering the little data. I know it's one of the objects that are more difficult and yes I'll add to it later after the moon has gone! Yes I suppose you can also use a 300mm but like you I haven't had my telescope long and I want to see what can be done before I take more wide field shots. Yes processing was about the best I could do in Lightroom. I have startools demo but my computer is too old to run it. Lol 

Please send your own images I would like to see what others are doing. Keeping in mind I have no guiding!

This is my attempt from last year with my modded 600d and a cls ccd light pollution clip in filter from astronomik with a skywatcher 200p on an eq5 pro. 300 second subs, don't remember how many though. 

Just realised I posted an image of Ic1396 not Ngc2244.

post-33487-0-82842600-1449806892.jpg

10 hours ago, Gerry Casa Christiana said:

Yes I thought it wasn't too bad considering the little data. I know it's one of the objects that are more difficult and yes I'll add to it later after the moon has gone! Yes I suppose you can also use a 300mm but like you I haven't had my telescope long and I want to see what can be done before I take more wide field shots. Yes processing was about the best I could do in Lightroom. I have startools demo but my computer is too old to run it. Lol 

Please send your own images I would like to see what others are doing. Keeping in mind I have no guiding!

The Rosette is a very nice target and it has a lot of friends around it.

When you can get longer subs I'm sure you will have a very nice one.

Here is the rose with some of it's friends, at 135mm.

rosettewide.jpg

Nice image. I assume your camera isn't modded? The Rosette is an emission neb so emits Ha (hydrogen alpha) which unmodded camera filters largely block. If you took this image with a modded camera the nebulosity would pop, as shown by these images.

Alexxx

On 06/12/2016 at 11:29, spillage said:

Only done two nights with this set up but sure it kinda goes pleas shoot me down if I am wrong:

phd2 connect to guidescope and mount

cartes du ciel connects to mount

apt connects to image camera and mount and connects to phd through phd2 server.

I use apt to set up my subs and after each sub finishes it sends the dithering info to the mount ( I think via phd2)

The small info box in the bottom of the apt screen also shows when the sub finished and dithering starts and stops.

I also use the hand controller to connect to the mount to the pc via a serial to usb connection and put the controller into pc mode.

I have just gone from a eq5 pro to the neq6 so it a bit of a learning curve at the moment.

13 hours ago, wxsatuser said:

The Rosette is a very nice target and it has a lot of friends around it.

When you can get longer subs I'm sure you will have a very nice one.

Here is the rose with some of it's friends, at 135mm.

rosettewide.jpg

What a fantastic image. What sort of time are we talking about? 

5 hours ago, Gerry Casa Christiana said:

What a fantastic image. What sort of time are we talking about? 

This was about 3 hours total with a CCD, 24x300secs of L and 4x300secs of RGB each.
Also this was from a very dark 7400foot site in New Mexico.

You have some nice colour showing in your image, the 550D has a poor Ha responce so you are doing well if it's not modded.

Wait till the Moon has gone, use an LP filter if you have light pollution and look to get longer exposures, if possible.

Archived