Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

La Vie En Rose - Rosette Nebula - NGC2237 - SHO RGB custom Elp pallette

Elp

Since I've started AP I've always wanted to image this target but winters are filled with many targets and for whatever reason I've always given this one a miss, "until next time". It is quite a wonderful target as it's rich in signal in all three narrowband passes and the SHO result I entered into this years narrowband competition, for me I believe is one of my best (but I also attribute this to the rich structure and strong signal of the Rosette):

NGC2237-RosetteNebulaSHO-January-March2024-doimg-Copy.thumb.jpg.41f451461471a57fe7ee51f1e80069b0.jpg

BUT, I wasn't done with it. I wanted to add my custom pallette touch of blending RGB "true" colour with the SHO Hubble similar to the Heart and Soul I did end of 2023. AP is subjective at times and I find it interesting in experimenting with blends (much like a nice tipple) to get an appealing look. And also every processed image seems to turn out different as you learn new things all the time, one of the benefits I believe in predominantly manual post processing.

So here it is, PP in Siril, Starnet, slight Topaz, PS/GIMP, hope you like it...

NGC2237RosetteNebulaSHOwRGB-January-March2024-doimg-Copy.thumb.jpg.ab8f026fc3d5fd0728d88785cff375d9.jpg

• Like 5