NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

please help me.....

Hi,

Bought celestron astromaster 13eq b4 2 days this is my first ever telescope..today for nearly 2 hrs i tried to point to the mars..but i couldn't point..i can see with naked eyes but could not find in telescope..it was very frustrating with eye pain,head pain...can u tell how to locate a star or anything with the s/w..what the numbers are in the eq mount??how to use the s/w and point to that particular object with those numbers??? please help..i saw only moon clearly...

Thanks...

If the scope has a finder of some sort, make sure it's aligned with the actual scope.

Best done at daytime, aim scope at a distant object like a street light etc then adjust the finder to aim at the same thing.

Then at night use the finder to point at Mars ( finder has less mag so easier to find Mars)

The main scope should now be on or near Mars. Use your lowest power eyepiece initially then when aligned try more mag.

Don't expect too much though it will probably just look like a slightly larger but orangy star .

Good luck and enjoy.

The numbers on the mount dial will only get you in the approximate area with that mount - the tripod is a bit flimsy and they depend on accurate polar alignment. So I wouldn't count on the dials too much.

You'll find it easier if you align the main tube with the finder scope in daylight as knobby says above - and then at night it will be much easier to find objects and planets in the finder before looking through the main scope eyepiece. :)

Archived