SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

35.5 Hrs in California.

ollypenrice

This is a joint venture with Mr and Mrs Gnomus whose company I'm enjoying this week. We let the tandem Tak run for three nights on NGC1499, hoping to find outlying dust and, to our delight, we found some. The details:

L 7.5 Hrs in 20 min subs.

RGB 3 Hrs per filter, 15 min subs.

Ha 11.5 Hrs, 30 min subs.

OIII 7.5 Hrs, 30 min subs.

And then a lot of processing.... Ha mapped to red, OIII to green and blue and a tiny touch of Ha to L as well. Click on the image and the full size button should be lower left.

California%20HaOIII%20LRGB%2035Hrs%20web

Olly, Steve and Lis.

2 hours ago, swag72 said:

Looking good Olly, Steve and Mrs Gnomus :) You've done Ha and OIII? You'll be doing a full Hubble Palette next.... look out :D 

Get thee behind me, Satan! :D

3 hours ago, Velvet said:

Nice that one :D  will have to get round to coming over, the skies are rubbish here in the UK :( 

My first California was a collaboration with Takman, another Derbyshire soul (as was I) so I was just thining that you'd been quiet of late.  Of course we'd love to see you and a bit of Hartington Stilton would be be almost beyond price here!

We did push the colour saturation fairly close to the limits of my screens since we had the signal so, if it's proving a bit over the top, let us know.

Olly

Super work, very envious - of both the chance to get some data and the fact some people seem to be able to get away :)

Nice work all round and the dust areas left of centre look great.

As you asked Olly it seemed a little strong on the saturation on first glance, going larger reduced the impact considerably but wonder if even more detail will be perceived with less saturation.  It all looks to be there just takes longer to register for me as less variations of colour registering.  Of course i could be wrong and often am, just ask the Mrs :) 

Paddy

1 hour ago, Rush said:

A beautiful joint venture with a little surprise. After 35.5 hours of Califorina Olly approaching NB.  Wish u guys fun n Hotel California :) with BB and NB.

Cheers 

Rush

Bed and Breakfast or No Breakfast???

:eek:lly

16 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Bed and Breakfast or No Breakfast???

:eek:lly

Ofcourse, plenty of BB with an extra portion of Roquefort for the inspiring guests :happy11:

Eventualy drifting from the haze of RGB :happy10: to NB  as the eveing falls ?

Telepathically trying to be with you lucky ones, I see myslef moving between

the Tak twins and Tec.  You dudes need a watchman ?

Was wondering if you get turned on with NB imaging, who will bring you back to bed.:happy6:

I remember some one in S.France saying ,well , Im chilling on Moon lit nights. :hippy2:

Rush

4 minutes ago, Barry-Wilson said:

I am a sucker for HaRGB, and this a beautiful treatment of the full nebula . . . it may extend further and that just give Mr & Mrs Gnomus a reason for another 'holiday'.

Well done Olly & Mr & Mrs Gnomus.

What do you suggest, Barry?  One panel all the way round?  That would only take another 284 hours or so ......  :evil:

Archived