SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

JoeCamaro

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen!

My name is Jose, but my friends call me Joe. I live in Apopka, Florida, just north of Orlando. It's 4:16am in this part of the world, I can't sleep and I just signed up to this forum.

I am excited to finally join as I have been reading and learning as a guest for a while now.

I am new to astronomy and more recently astrophotography. I have 2 telescopes, a Celestron Astromaster 70AZ which I got as a Christmas present last year and a Celestron Nexstar 6SE that I got as a Birthday present in September (somebody loves me :)). I use a Nikon D3200 with a T-Ring and T-Adapter attached to the Astromaster. I also take pictures with my phone, a Galaxy Note 5.

I also do Toy photography. You know, trying to make toys look realistic by means of poses and location and such. Yes, I'm 34 years old and still play with toys. I can't help it.

I'm looking to learn more and make new friends with similar imterests. I am lookimg to get a 3rd telescopes and I have some questions, but I'll start a new thread for that. I thought I would introduce myself first.

Attached are 2 Images of the moon with my phone through the eyepiece.

Joe

IMG_20160916_211656.jpg

IMG_20160813_201258.jpg

Hi Joe and welcome to SGL, nice images of the Moon taken through your scopes eye piece. Take care though, as it looks like some real nasty weather could be on its way to your neck of the woods, keep safe and enjoy the forum :) 

Hi Joe, and welcome from a fellow newbie.  

Ditto John, hope Matthew peters out before getting over to you later in the week (a lot of names in one short sentence there).

great images of the moon for eyepiece shots, actually more difficult to do than it seems.

Welcome to the lounge.

When I wake up at 4 in the morning, I usually grab a telescope or my bino's and start observing something that is available at that time. Signing up here in the lounge was also a good idea of yours.

Wow! You guys and girls are awesome! Thank you for the warm welcome! It feels so good to be surrounded by so many nice people.

I know I will learn a lot and I hope to contribute one day. I am already enjoying being a member.

I am getting ready for Matthew. There is no gas in many gas stations, there is no water anywhere and shelves are getting emptied. I hope nobody get hurt.

Thank you for the comments about the photos. I hope to be able to take more and better ones.

Once again, thank you for welcoming me to your forum.

Archived